Pacific Palisades, CA, May 03, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Sunshine in a Cloudy Market
There is a silver lining to the cloudy skies and inclement weather that have defined the real estate market over the past several years, and his name is Anthony Marguleas. Whereas the most recent RealtyTrac statistics revealed more gloomy news for the first quarter of 2009 and predictions of more of the same for the second quarter, Marguleas continues to defy the odds by consistently posting positive numbers.
Marguleas’ Q1 2009 sales and escrows were up 125% from Q1 2008, and his numbers for all of last year bested his 2007 numbers by 32%—all during one of the worst real estate recessions in history.
• Anthony Marguleas, broker/owner of Amalfi Estates, has become the No. 1 listing agent in Pacific Palisades out of 275 agents, with 21 listings totaling $47M, by being as persistent as he is skilled. It is not unusual for clients to wake up to emails that were sent at 3 a.m. because he was still working hard well into the night.
• He utilizes his expertise and experience in innovative new ways without losing sight of the basics. He creates Google Docs for each of his company’s listings that are updated several times a day and are shared confidentially with clients, enabling them to get real-time updates on showings and read all feedback.
• He goes above and beyond in his personal attention and service, using his great creativity to problem-solve for clients. For one of his current listings, he brought in a crane to get the perfect exterior shot. For another, he hired a helicopter pilot and a photographer to take aerial shots that would properly showcase the property.
• His market research is beyond extensive. He has an online database with detailed notes of every property he has ever toured, numbering more than 1700.
• His impressive marketing skills help his clients circumvent market conditions. For one listing near a renowned local school, he successfully targeted local parents of school-age kids with compelling signage and a midday open house to coincide with the end of the school day.
• He combines long-range planning and creative detail management; Marguleas has formed relationships with location scouts and entertainment companies for entertainment shoots, thereby allowing for additional revenue streams for clients while their home is waiting to be sold.
• His personal attention and time management are over-the-top indulgences for clients. Property tours with buyers are made easy with a chauffer-driven SUV that increases Marguleas’ ability to educate them on individual properties and neighborhoods.
• His ability to reach out to and connect with prospects is the product of his tireless work ethic and unyielding commitment to clients. He assesses the unique selling points and needs of each listed property and designs an elaborate plan to best showcase its assets. Marguleas recently planned champagne and caviar receptions, complete with a live harpist, for two new high-end listings.
• He offers home staging services through an affiliated company to clients whose properties will benefit from a professional eye. This service can often make the difference between a property that sits on the market and one that sells quickly thanks to proper staging that plays up the home’s best elements.
• He offers the services of a well-connected, in-house professional public relations professional to ensure that coverage of listings casts a wide net in both traditional and new media.
Marguleas’ extensive industry knowledge and long list of satisfied clients, including many captains of industry, make him one of real estate’s most admired and respected professionals. In a climate that has been less than favorable to real estate professionals, not to mention buyers and sellers, Marguleas continues to be a trusted resource for clients and an in-the-know industry authority for the media. He has been profiled on ABC News and the Fine Living Network, as well as in The Wall Street Journal, Consumer Reports, and the Los Angeles Times, has authored or been featured in more than 80 articles on real estate, and co-authored the book California Real Estate Client Strategies.
Marguleas has individually sold over $300 million in properties. He is a Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist—a degree achieved by only the top 1% of all Realtors nationwide, an expert negotiator who completed the highly respected KARASS seminars negotiating course, and a guest lecturer for UCLA’s Real Estate Principles class since 2004. Amalfi Estates® is one of Los Angeles’ leading independent real estate companies, providing exclusive representation to both buyers and sellers since 1995.
For more information, contact: