Mumbai, India, May 29, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- An ambitious, fast growing Microfinance Institution requires talented professionals to leverage urban economic growth to bring about livelihood changes in rural India.
Moksha Yug Access (MYA) has been conceived to capitalize the phenomenal economic growth of urban India to alleviate poverty and foster wealth creation in rural India. It interlocks microfinance and supply chain management to make a material and quantifiable impact on rural poverty. It launched operations in April 2006 and plans to expand across rural regions in the poorest districts of India and reach 5.3 million rural poor by 2012. To drive the revolution, MYA is looking for dynamic and talented Chief Operations Officer(COO) who would be actively involved in shaping the future of the organization.
The COO is required to provide a holistic approach to various strategic planning, operations and business development areas mentioned below:
• Establish the necessary Microfinance (loans & insurance) business processes to build the best microfinance institution focused primarily on rural poor
• Lead & Manage the entire microfinance business especially focused on the field operations which includes acquiring & retaining customers; quality of the credit; & quality of the service;
• Communicate financial and operational performance reports to the board and statutory bodies
• Help build a client base of 100,000 (from the current 25,000) within a timeframe of 6 months and establish the necessary systems & processes to attain the 100,000 client base.
• Oversee the implementation of a microfinance program including planning, communication and implementation, overall supervision
• Direct the training of Area Manager, Project Managers, Coordinators & Promoters on accounting, goals, objectives and procedures of savings account, loan and insurance programs
• Oversee the management of the loan portfolio of clients to ensure best use of funds and solvency of the loan portfolio
• Oversee the management of the financial products portfolio of clients
• Create & develop flexible loan and other financial products
• Approve and submit to MYA management all proposed work plans, staffing plans and budgets on a quarterly basis regarding microfinance activities;
• Assist in managing the MIS system that tracks Microfinance portfolio
• Oversee budget control and cash flow for all microfinance activities
• Assess microfinance potential in various regions though market surveys and research and lead MYA's entry into various markets
• Experience in developing and implementing strategic/operational plans for financial institutions
• Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
• High level of customer service and strong willingness to work in the field
• Strong business management and negotiation skills
• Experience managing and motivating a large staff
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and training skills
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
Administration required, Master's degree desirable or equivalent work
Experience: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration
required, Master's degree desirable or equivalent work experience
Language: Fluency in Kannada, Hindi and English
The work would be based in city of Bagalkot in the state of Karnataka (Southern part of India). Bagalkot is 420 kms from the city of Bangalore, India. If the position interests you and you feel you will be able to add value to rtheir organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume.