Carlsbad, CA, July 30, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Creating buzz about your company and building a brand is an art not a science. There as many different approaches to attracting the fanfare as there are CEOs. But a select few leaders have mastered the art of making their brands widely known, and have done it using unconventional and often times bizarre tactics. Exec Digital magazine, found on ExecDigital.com, profiles today’s most outlandish CEOs in this month’s lead story, aptly titled Eccentric CEOs. Sir Richard Branson of the Virgin brand, Jeff Taylor of Eons.com and Monster.com fame, and technology entrepreneur Jim Harding lead the way in eccentricity.
Quotes from the article:
* Sir Richard Branson on his reputation: “As far as I am concerned, anything, however outlandish, that generates media coverage reinforces my image as a risk-taker who challenges the establishment.”
* Jeff Taylor on his venture Eons.com, an online social networking site for baby boomers: “I’ve got an interesting combination of being an idea person and being the CEO. I like the start-up phase, but I also like to stick it out and execute.”
* Jim Harding on bringing one of his yaks to work: “It was just hanging in the office while we were trying to get some work done. It’s unusual, but it’s what I do.”
The full article is available in the August issue of Exec Digital magazine at: www.execdigital.com/Magazine.aspx?id=1329
Or the article can be found directly at: www.execdigital.com/Magazine.aspx?id=1329&page=20
Lowell McAdam, President and CEO of Verizon Wireless, gets face to face with Exec Digital to reveal what the next-generation wireless technology – also known as 4G LTE technology – means for mobile users.
* McAdam on 4G technology: “We’ll see virtually everything that’s on the desktop including video moving onto the mobile device.”
* McAdam on the potential of 4G: “The beauty of this technology is, as developers around the world come up with new applications for the mobile device, there will be a lot of features that come out in the next five years that I can’t even describe today.”
To get an inside look at the person behind America’s largest wireless network, the face to face interview with Lowell McAdam can be found directly at: www.execdigital.com/Magazine.aspx?id=1329&page=26
In other business news, Exec Digital magazine features:
* Is Corporate Social Responsibility Good for Business? Exec Digital set out to discover if CSR is a necessity or just a waste of time. While businesses shouldn’t substitute CSR for tried and true best practices, it does give companies a leg up, not only looking good in the eyes of customers but also impacting long-term revenue and brand image. Read the full article to determine whether CSR is the right strategy for you: www.execdigital.com/Magazine.aspx?id=1329&page=40
* Tabasco’s Spice King: Paul McIlhenny, the sixth generation President and CEO of the world famous Tabasco hot sauce, sits down with Exec Digital to talk about taking over the family business and the growth potential of the secret spice. Read the exclusive Q&A directly at: www.execdigital.com/Magazine.aspx?id=1329&page=84
* How Do Angels Get Their Wings? Learn how some of the most successful angel investors got their start and which opportunities they’re banking on in this month’s Strategy piece. The full article is available directly at: www.execdigital.com/Magazine.aspx?id=1329&page=36
Lifestyle features in Exec Digital magazine:
* Better with Age: Exec Digital is always on the hunt for the classiest cars on the block and this month we give you a glimpse of the top three vintage cars – the Lamborghini Muira, the Bugatti Type 57S and the Aston Martin DB5. The full article on vintage cars is available at: www.execdigital.com/Magazine.aspx?id=1329&page=66
* Gone fishin’: For any avid fisherman, getting out in the high seas with equally enthusiastic sportsmen and catching a fish or two has an allure like no other. From Belize to Scotland, Exec Digital has found the locations where premium fish are a plenty and the accommodations are synonymous with luxury living. The full article can be found directly at: www.execdigital.com/Magazine.aspx?id=1329&page=60
The complete August issue of Exec Digital magazine is available at: www.execdigital.com/Magazine.aspx?id=1329
To get more from the magazine that brings you the ultimate business and lifestyle experience, sign up for ExecDigital.com’s newsletters and get your free subscription to Exec Digital magazine.
Newsletter sign-up page: www.execdigital.com/NewsletterSignup
Free subscription to Exec Digital magazine: www.execdigital.com/MagazineSignup
ExecDigital.com is a pioneering digital media site exploring business and lifestyle issues facing top executives, with both daily, intelligent news, as well as rich and entertaining monthly content via Exec Digital Magazine. ExecDigital.com meets a previously unmet demand for busy, top-level executives, who can find pertinent business news, lifestyle articles, exclusive interviews, and digital tools and resources all in one place. In just two short years, Exec Digital has offices in Boston, San Diego, Toronto and Norwich, UK, while continuing to build one of the largest global marketplaces for B2B executives.
Entrepreneur Glen White founded ExecDigital.com in January 2007.