West Palm Beach, FL, August 18, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- The Corporate Health and Wellness Association, also known as the health and wellness association has been created and launched. The Corporate Health and Wellness Association is the first national non-profit association focused on health, wellness, prevention and disease management for employers, employees and their families. The goal of the association is to promote health and wellness in the workplace and to foster an atmosphere of education and engagement with health and wellness programs in the workplace
The health and wellness association will deal with the serious healthcare crisis that the United States is facing and that employers are dealing with. The rate of Americans that are unhealthy is climbing significantly each year. Many Americans do not live lifestyles that promote health and wellness, and many are not focusing on managing their diseases and preventing diseases or preventing diseases from becoming worse. This rising problem of Americans becoming more unhealthy is a major contributing factor to the rising and unaffordable healthcare costs.
The Corporate Health and Wellness Association’s Mission is:
· To raise the awareness of the importance of living a healthy lifestyle and the benefits of employers implementing health and wellness programs.
· To provide a reliable source of information, statistics and research data on health and wellness for employers, affinity groups, insurance companies, insurance agents and consultants.
· To create a central point for communication in the corporate wellness industry for employers, affinity groups, insurance companies, insurance agents and consultants.
· To perform research and surveys in the area of Corporate Wellness.
· For the Corporate Wellness industry to come together to find more efficient and effective ways to educate, implement and enroll Corporate Wellness programs.
· To focus heavily on improved methods and ways to get employees to “engage” in corporate wellness programs.
· To spread the message of the return on investment and successful results for employers who implement corporate health and wellness programs.
· To identify which corporate wellness programs are the most effective and which corporate wellness programs that do not work.
· To identify new corporate wellness plans and products that the CHWA’s employer and affinity group members wish to be created and find companies willing to develop these new corporate wellness programs.
· To have a monthly trade publication in corporate wellness to educate employers, employees, and plan members on corporate wellness.
· To create an annual meeting where all those industry participants in corporate wellness can come together and network.
The Corporate Wellness Association is an non profit trade group, founded on July 4, 2009. This date was created specifically as the start of independence from America living an unhealthy lifestyle and to note of a historical changing in time as the first non profit trade group for employer and employees wellness has been founded and will take up the torch to fight the battle of education and engagement of plan members.
The Corporate Health and Wellness Association was created because the Corporate Health and Wellness industry is a multi billion dollars industry with thousands of employers offering corporate wellness programs and millions of Americans enrolled in corporate wellness programs. Despite how large the industry is there has never been a non profit trade association that focuses on and protects the interests of the corporate health and wellness industry or that focuses on it’s growth and raising awareness for health and wellness. The Corporate Health and Wellness Association was founded as an employer, affinity group and insurer coalition. Many employers and affinity groups do not know where to turn to find out what are the corporate wellness programs to offer to employees and who the best corporate wellness companies are, or what corporate wellness programs offer the best return on investment (ROI).
The Corporate Health and Wellness Association will work to accomplish these goals on behalf of our employer, affinity group and insurer members.
The Corporate Health and Wellness Association will have one official annual conference each year.
The Corporate Wellness conference is the 1st conference dedicated solely to corporate health and wellness with a heavy focus on attracting attendees from mid size to large employers, associations and affinity groups, large consulting firms and health insurance agents, third party administrators and the leading corporate wellness companies. The CHWA will hold it’s annual meeting at the Corporate Health and Wellness Conference in Los Angeles, on October 27th to October 28th.