Atlanta, GA, August 20, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Speedheat Floor Heating announced, today, the addition of the new PlugBuddy SmartStat thermostat control for use with their RugBuddy portable, under area rug space heaters. The EnergyStar compliant PlugBuddy thermostat plugs into a standard grounded 120-volt, 15-amp household outlets and is armchair programmable with four (4) settings per day plus weekend settings.
“While the majority of our customers are happy to simply plug their RugBuddy heaters into their outlet and turn it off or on at their convenience or use a simple appliance timer, several have expressed interest in a simple thermostatic control,” says Peter Newman, President of Speedheat.
“With the PlugBuddy, they have the option to use a Smart Thermostat on an individual heater or multiple by plugging the heaters into a power strip and the power strip into the PlugBuddy with no electrician necessary!”
The PlugBuddy plug-in thermostat is priced at $74.00 and can be ordered at http://www.speedheat.us/products/controls/plugbuddy_thermostat.html.
The energy efficient, UL-listed RugBuddy alternative to space heaters are available in five (5) different sizes and can be used in combination with one another for larger spaces.
• RugBuddy 470 - 5.5’ x 8’ - 470-watt - New Low Price: $299.00
• RugBuddy 370 - 5’ x 7’ - 370-watt - New Low Price: $249.00
• RugBuddy 165w - 3’ x 5’ - 165-watt - Price: $199.00
• RugBuddy 165L Runner - 2’ x 7.5’ - 165-watt - Price: $199.00
• RugBuddy 065w Foot Warmer - 2’ x 3’ - 65-watt - Price: $149.00
As always, customized heating systems are offered by Speedheat free of charge for under all floor coverings including RugBuddy and CarpetMate under carpet heaters. In order to obtain a free, customized quotation for all Speedheat products, customers can simply fax or email a drawing of their floorplan directly to the Speedheat Corporate Office in Atlanta, Georgia. The drawing is essential for pricing and system accuracy for a customized system, and there is no obligation to make a purchase. The drawing can be simply a rough sketch with exact dimensions of all areas and thermostat placement preference.
Speedheat requests the following information for the most accurate quotation and a correctly customized system.
1. Drawing with measurements (exact dimensions) and placement of any large furniture, cabinets, doorways, drainage openings, etc.
2. SmartStat™ thermostat location preference.
3. Floor covering
5. Floor covering installation method (i.e. glued, floating, nailed, and anything out of the ordinary for tile, carpet, etc.)
6. 120-volt or 240-volt system preference if applicable.
7. Whether system will be used for floor warming, supplementary heating, or primary heating.
8. Time frame for the job.
9. Contact information, such as name, company, address, email, phone, fax, etc. The location is important because the systems are customized according to heating needs by climates.
As the inventors of Generation4™ electric radiant floor heating, Speedheat has produced quality, energy-efficient heating solutions for over 20 years. With offices in more than ten countries, Speedheat is currently providing over 50,000,000 square feet of comfortable, safe, and energy efficient electric radiant floor heating under carpeting, area rugs, laminate, hardwood, tile, vinyl, showers, and more worldwide. Speedheat systems can be used as primary heating, supplementary heating, or floor warming.
Serving the entire United States of America and Canada, Speedheat Floor Heating is located at 120 Arnold Mill Park in Woodstock, Georgia 30188. For more information, please call 1.888.WARM.FLOOR (1.888.927.6356) or visit http://www.speedheat.us.