Lincoln Park, NJ, September 17, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- The JC Concert Band is a fabulous group of volunteer musicians who dedicate considerable time, energy and effort into sharing their gift of music with others. Through an exciting annual concert series the band outreaches to members of the community who might not otherwise step inside a church environment, and by encouraging chapel members to invite friends, neighbors and family to each of our events. The band sometimes plays for Sunday services at the Lincoln Park campus, and usually participate in major events such as the Christmas Cantata, Easter Sunday, and the Chapel Picnic, but at every occasion, including Monday evening rehearsals, new opportunities are available for both musicians and non-musicians to enhance their community involvement, improve many transferable skills, and develop a whole network of new friends. Consider all the options listed below, or call us discuss how your special skill set might compliment the band's vision.
Opportunities to serve with the Jacksonville Chapel Concert Band during the 2009-2010 season:
1. Sunday, Oct 4 2009, 12noon-4pm – Hand out stickers, fliers, and competition entry forms at Montville’s Harvest Day Festival
2. Sunday, Feb 14 2010, 1:30pm-3:30pm - Face painters/ Clowns/ Jugglers for their Children’s Concert
3. Tech Crew – Assist with operating the screen, lights, video and sound on Nov 8, Feb 14, & May 16.
4. Stage Crew – Assist with setting up and striking rehearsals and/ or performances
5. Communications – Assist with player recruitment, audience recruitment, church collaborations, press.
6. Online Presence – Assist with band website, facebook, youtube, chapel website, online events calendars
7. Librarian – whilst a spouse or offspring plays during rehearsals, you can help maintain their library
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at the chapel office 973.334.6657 to find out how to get plugged in.