Bakersfield, CA, September 26, 2006 --(PR.com
)-- If we date the start of today’s rage for home makeovers from the launch of HGTV’s Decorating Cents show in 1997, then it’s fitting to end the decade with the first-ever volume of trade secrets for quick-change room redesigns and home staging from members of the industry’s professional association, The Interior Redesign Industry Specialists (IRIS). The new book, IRIS in the House, contains contributions from 19 members of the association, who offer a multitude of tips on transforming the look and feel of any room with materials that the homeowner already has.
“Redesign involves using proven principles of placement, focus and flair to highlight treasures that are already present in the home and to express the homeowner’s unique tastes, lifestyle and personality,” says Debra Blackmon, the IRIS member who served as mastermind for the new anthology. “What thrills clients about this work is that it costs so very little and brings out the best of what they themselves love – instead of bringing in someone else’s likes and dislikes. And best of all, it’s feasible to complete dramatic changes in just one day.”
Topics addressed in the book include:
• Secrets of placement that bring elements into balance, harmony and unity
• How to make cherished collections and art work seem more interesting and inviting
• Why a “story” rather than a “look” should be the guiding principle of decorating
• The best ways to arrive at colors you’ll enjoy living with
• How to de-emphasize a piece of furniture that has, frankly, seen better days
• Which well-established rules to break to create rooms that get enthusiastically used
• Tips especially for renters and those living in military quarters
• Seven ways to resolve color challenges
• Why prompting a feeling of emotional warmth is key to redecorating for a fast sale
• And much more
IRIS in the House... and Suddenly Everything Works, ISBN 1-4251-0023-6, an interior redesign anthology authored by 19 IRIS instructors, conceived and compiled by Debra Blackmon, will be available for purchase at Trafford Publishing as well as at Amazon.