London, United Kingdom, November 16, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- ACCA is continually reaffirming its position as the global body for professional accountants and on the 12 November presented 69 graduates with their awards at the Glasgow City Chambers in George Square.
Andrew Leck, head of ACCA Scotland, says: “This important occasion acknowledges the hard work and achievements of these 69 graduates and the ceremony provides a fitting occasion to celebrate their accomplishment in the company of family, friends and fellow ACCA members.
This graduation ceremony is one of six held in various locations around the UK and recognises the importance of these graduates for the future prosperity of the economy.
For further information, please contact:
Matthew Gazeley, Ruder Finn UK
0207 462 8961
Notes to editors:
1. Photos will be available after the event.
2. ACCA is the global body for professional accountants. We aim to offer business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management. We have 362,000 students and 131,500 members in 170 countries worldwide.
3. ACCA has worked with governments, national organisations and development agencies in emerging economies- for over 20 years- promoting the accounting profession, to create value for the communities, businesses and individuals it serves.
4. ACCA believes that globalisation of business means that one set of reporting standards is essential. We favour the principles-based IFRS.
5. ACCA understands the real issues facing small businesses as 63,000 of our members work in SMEs or small partnerships worldwide.