Tempe, AZ, December 17, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Last January Kathy Mower of Tempe shared a similar sentiment with others making their New Year’s resolutions: It was time for a change. Kathy started a blog entitled “It’s All About MiE” to share her goals and progress. One year ago Kathy wrote, “One thing I am sure of is that I am not happy with my place in the world now.” She had goals of improving her confidence, making time for herself, and losing weight. Today, just one year later, Kathy has lost 42 pounds, feels better about herself, and is excited about the way her life is moving forward. Kathy credits Express MiE Fitness & Beauty, a new, ladies-only dance fitness studio for helping her achieve success.
Express MiE offers a wide variety of dance fitness classes and their signature Pole-ah-Tease, pole and sensual dance courses, aimed at helping the everyday woman have fun, while getting fit. Express MiE also aims to help women develop self-confidence and self-worth, as evidenced by the studio’s motto, “putting a little ‘i' back in me.” Last January Kathy wrote, “I have only been going to Express MiE for 1 week and 1 day but it has already become a part of my life. I don't know how I lasted not making time for MiE for so long.” Kathy is now an instructor as well as a dance student at Express MiE.
The following are Kathy’s tips for success for losing weight and achieving goals:
1. "Do something you enjoy. If you don't love it…then it won't last. I dance and ride my bike.
2. "Set mini goals and tell people about them. Big giant goals seem scary and unachievable. I chose to write a blog to fulfill this one. Make sure if you do it that you write it for yourself. It is your journey.
3. "Buy good workout clothes. A fantastic sports bra and great shoes can make a world of difference. You can also use buying more as a reward.
4. "Change your eating habits Forever. Diets don't work. Ever. I eat now what I plan on eating once I reach my goal...only a little less of it.
5. "Allow yourself cheats, but be very selective about what and how often you eat them. I love ice cream but I can't have any in my freezer. If it’s there I eat it. Period. I know this about myself so if I am in the mood for it I stop by McDonalds and get a small cone for like 90 cents.
6. "Don't drink soda. Every now and then I go through bouts where I drink it and I always crave sweets Way more when I do. I substitute sparkling water with a bit of juice and it is yummy. (It was hard to get used to at first because I kept expecting soda.)"
Check out Kathy Mower’s blog at http://itsallaboutmie.blogspot.com. Women interested in trying classes at Express MiE can register through the studio’s website at www.expressmie.com or by calling Express MiE at 480-626-6973. Express MiE is located in Tempe on the southwest corner of McClintock and Guadalupe. The studio is a hidden gem, tucked away behind Changing Hands Bookstore, directly west of Trader Joe’s. Check out the studio’s fun dance classes and see why the Phoenix New Times named Express MiE the valley’s “Best Place to Dance Your Ass Off.”