Salt Lake City, UT, December 23, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- The Reading Horizons program has helped countless individuals obtain the skills they need to acquire and maintain a job.
Every day, Reading Horizons receives calls from individuals interested in its program in order to help them gain employment in this troubled economy. Every aspect of finding, acquiring, and maintaining a job requires basic reading and writing skills. Most jobs require the applicant to read at or above a 10th-grade reading level. Despite the need for literacy skills in the workplace, it has been reported by the National Institute for Literacy that more than 20% of adults read at or below a 5th-grade level – far below the level needed to earn a living wage (National Institute for Literacy, “Fast Facts on Literacy,” 2001). With the tight job market and suffering economy, there are several reasons why improving literacy skills is so important:
1. The need to increase basic writing and spelling skills to fill out applications and create resumes
2. The need to increase reading ability to read materials associated with a job, most of which are at a high school level
3. The uncertain economy and job market have created a desire and need to improve job skills to maintain employment or to open other opportunities.
4. The need to improve reading rate and efficiency to accomplish tasks in a timely manner for job security
5. The need to improve reading/writing abilities to increase the opportunity for advancement within a company
Reading Horizons can help individuals overcome these difficulties through its research-based reading program. The program can help struggling readers improve 2-5 grade levels in as few as 3-6 months. Marked improvement in spelling and comprehension is also evident. Reading Horizons also helps job hunters by offering free online resources that provide information and insights into reading problems and skills. Those in need of a program that can increase their opportunities and potential in the difficult job market can find more information and products at: www.readinghorizonsathome.com.