San Deigo, CA, January 09, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- HPCwire (www.HPCwire.com), the leading source for global news and information covering the ecosystem of high productivity computing has published the HPCwire People to Watch in 2010 list of industry luminaries who are making a difference in 2010 in HPC. The HPCwire “People to Watch” list is a semi-annual list that recognizes the most influential, interesting and promising personalities having an impact on the world of High Performance Computing. This exclusive list is made through discussions with the HPCwire Editorial/Publishing team, with input garnered from luminaries in the HPC community ecosystem, including nominations and feedback from past recipients.
“This is a feature that we at HPCwire really look forward to every year,” said Tom Tabor, Publisher of HPCwire. “It’s an awesome and humbling task for our team to sit down and examine the many different ways that people are contributing to the practical advancements in HPC and being ambassadors for the HPC community at large. It’s an honor for us to present twelve people who we believe are making a difference in HPC in 2010.”
The HPCwire People to Watch in 2010 list includes the following HPC luminaries (in alphabetical order):
- Mark Barrenechea, President & CEO, SGI
- Geoffrey Fox -- Director, Digital Science Center, Pervasive Technology Institute, Indiana University
- Kevin Franklin, Executive Director of the Institute for Computing in Humanities, Arts and Social Science (ICHASS)
- Kyril Faenov, General Manager of High Performance & Parallel Computing Technologies, Microsoft
- Fabio Gallo, Vice President and General Manager, Bull Extreme Computing Solutions
- Jen-Hsun Huang, CEO, NVIDIA
- Thomas Lippert, Director, Julich Supercomputing Center
- Satoshi Matsuoka, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Addison Snell, CEO, InterSect 360 Research
- Suzy Tichenor, Director, Industrial Partnerships Program, Computing and Computational Sciences, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Peter Ungaro*, CEO, Cray Inc. (* Previous recipient)
- Steve Wallach, Chief Scientist, Convey Computer Corp.
To view the entire feature, and read bios and about the impact that these selections are making in HPC, please visit http://www.hpcwire.com/specialfeatures/people_to_watch_2010/
HPCwire is the most recognized and accessed news and information site covering the entire ecosystem of High Productivity Computing (HPC). HPCwire is the publication of choice for the global community of business and technology professionals interested in computationally- and data-intensive computing, including infrastructure topics such as software, middleware, hardware, networking, storage, tools and applications. HPCwire delivers exclusive interviews with industry leaders on topics ranging from business and economic issues to advanced and emerging technology directions, all in a timely and easily-accessible Internet format. With a powerful combination of email distribution and web site portal, HPCwire is enjoyed each week by several hundred thousand readers. Through news, analysis and information, HPCwire facilitates in unifying the global HPC community. HPCwire can be found online at http://www.HPCwire.com.
For more information, contact: