New York, NY, March 12, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Thomas Kirchner, recognized expert in event-driven investments and merger arbitrage, will join GoldenNetworking.com's Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times" (http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com), March 18th, DLA Piper, New York City. Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 will be the forum where hedge fund and investment managers, investors, prime brokers, lenders, lawyers, accountants, service providers and academics will obtain crucial insights for the industry not only to survive but also to excel in producing market-beating returns in 2010.
Mr. Kirchner created the first-ever event-driven mutual fund in 2003, the Pennsylvania Avenue Event-Driven Fund (PAEDX). He is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Fund. He also serves as the President and a Trustee of the Pennsylvania Avenue Funds. From 1996 to 1999 he worked as a Bond Trader and Financial Engineer for Banque Nationale de Paris S.A. From 1999 to 2004, he was retained by Fannie Mae as a Financial Engineer.
Mr. Kirchner holds a B.Sc. from King's College, University of London, a Diplôme from the Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris, and an MBA from the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business. He has earned the Chartered Financial Analyst designation. He writes a blog about mergers at http://thedealsleuth.wordpress.com/ and is the author of the book Merger Arbitrage: How To Profit From Event-Driven Arbitrage, John Wiley, 2009. He is quoted frequently in the press and a speaker and panelist at industry conferences.
Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 is produced by GoldenNetworking.com (http://www.goldennetworking.com), the premier community of business executives, entrepreneurs and investors, founded by former McKinsey consultant Edgar Perez. Upcoming Business Receptions and Leaders Forums include:
· High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour (http://www.HFTHappyHour.com), March 1st, 2010, New York City, with Keynote Speaker Irene Aldridge
· Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass" (http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com), New York City (New Date to be Announced)
· Banking Leaders Forum 2010, "Have Deal-Making Hit Bottom Yet?" (http://www.BankingLeadersForum.com), March 25th, 2010, Washington DC
· Venture Capital Leaders Forum 2010, "Setting the Stage for Transformational Change" (http://www.VCLeadersForum.com), April 16th, 2010, Boston, MA
· Real Estate Leaders Forum 2010, "Successfully Investing in Distressed Real Estate Assets" (http://www.RealEstateLeadersForum.com), April 22nd, 2010, New York City
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact GoldenNetworking.com by sending an email to email@example.com. GoldenNetworking.com has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The New York Times, "GoldenNetworking.com Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections" (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/07/nyregion/07network.html) and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10" (http://www7.gsb.columbia.edu/alumni/news/ten-under-ten).