New York, NY, March 09, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Peter Van Kleef, Chief Executive Officer, Lakeview Arbitrage, will present at GoldenNetworking.com's High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation" (http://www.HFTExpertsForum.com), March 18th, New York City, and provide a practical and unbiased overview of the technology infrastructure required to profit from high-frequency trading strategies.
Mr. Van Kleef has over 15 years of experience in the development and running of sophisticated automated trading operations. He is a well known consultant to the investment community with regards to trading, risk management, operational and strategic issues. Prior to his role at Lakeview Arbitrage, Mr. Van Kleef managed significant hedge fund type investment portfolios and quantitative trading departments for among others Cooper Neff, Salomon Brothers, HypoVereinsbank and Credit Lyonnais. He holds a MBA degree from the Owen Graduate School at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, USA.
Mr. Van Kleef is a frequent speaker on complex arbitrage strategies with a focus on volatility arbitrage and high frequency algorithmic trading. He comments: "High-frequency trading is actually becoming a commodity as nowadays you can buy the necessary infrastructure rather than having to build it. Ultra high frequency trading is where people still do a lot of custom work. The next step from software in this area is hardware acceleration. It will be very challenging for regulators to understand what is good and bad. If done right, the automation certainly is in the interest of the end investor, even though not all realize that".
High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation", is produced by GoldenNetworking.com (http://www.goldennetworking.com), the premier community of business executives, entrepreneurs and investors, founded by former McKinsey consultant Edgar Perez. Upcoming Business Receptions and Leaders Forums include:
· Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass" (http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com), March 9th, New York City
· Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times" (http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com), March 18th, 2010, New York City
· Banking Leaders Forum 2010, "Discerning the New Industry Landscape" (http://www.BankingLeadersForum.com), March 25th, 2010, Washington DC
· Venture Capital Leaders Forum 2010, "Setting the Stage for Transformational Change" (http://www.VCLeadersForum.com), April 16th, 2010, Boston, MA
· Real Estate Leaders Forum 2010, "Successfully Investing in Distressed Real Estate Assets" (http://www.RealEstateLeadersForum.com), April 22nd, 2010, New York City.
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact GoldenNetworking.com by sending an email to email@example.com. GoldenNetworking.com has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The New York Times, "GoldenNetworking.com Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections" (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/07/nyregion/07network.html) and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10" (http://www7.gsb.columbia.edu/alumni/news/ten-under-ten).