SOX Directory Rights Report Tool Released by Janco
DiskMonitor automatically enumerates available disk space and allows you to select the network viewable disk drives that you want to monitor (admin access required). The program has the ability to generate directory rights reports that are mandated by Sarbanes Oxley.
The program's author, Michael Janulaitis said, "DiskMonitor is the one tool that meets the monitoring needs of system and network administrators. In a few minutes every disk drive in the network is available." He added, "The program has an auto update feature which provides the user with the latest updates to the program with ease."
DiskMonitor enables System Administrators and Sarbanes-Oxley auditors monitor and view multiple storage devices simultaneously. DiskMonitor’s key features include:
1) Schedule drive space and directory size monitoring, alerting, and reporting;
2) Sarbanes-Oxley security rights reporting - directory/sub-directory/file;
3) Supports S.M.A.R.T. predictive disk failure notification;
4) Print and export directory security reports and user rights to CSV and XML;
5) Receive notification when disks are off-line;
6) Raise custom detailed and PDA/Pager friendly email alerts for warning and critical thresholds;
7) Recurse entire disks;
8) View and sort disk utilization by directory;
9) Generate disk and directory usage HTML and CSV reports;
10) Graphically view disk usage over time and sub-directory usage as percent of current directory size;
11) Includes tray icon status;
12) Automatically clear alerts based on a schedule;
13) Supports SMTP authentication; and
14) Single installation monitors entire network No installation requirements on managed computers.
DiskMonitor has received several major awards including: the prestigious Tucow's 5 cow award, TopShareware.com 5 star award, the Softpedia 100% clean award certifying that the program contains no spyware, adware, or viruses, and the Snapfiles 3.5 Ranking.
Janco Associates, Inc. and Diskmonitor.com have a series of tools for ISPs, service providers, outsourcers, webmaster, network administrator and IT management they have jointly developed. These include DiskMonitor (Version 5), PHP2HTML (Version 1), and FTPMonitor (Version 2). All three of these products can be download for a free fully functional trail.
Both the Network Event Viewer and DiskMonitor can be acquired with enterprise wide licenses. Go to http://www.e-janco.com/DSMnevFTPPHP.html.
More information can be obtained at http://www.e-janco.com and http://www.diskmonitor.com.