Truckee, CA, March 26, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Ebooks and the devices that read them are the fastest growing sectors in the publishing industry. Amazon has the Kindle, Barnes & Noble the Nook, Sony's got the Reader and Apple's iPad has just been released. People even read on their cell phones. Ebook sales are soaring and will surpass paper book sales in the near future. Not surprisingly, new and established writers are making their books available as ebooks.
This guide, How to Make, Market and Sell Ebooks - All for Free by Jason Matthews, is designed to show authors ways on promoting themselves and their books without spending any money. All the sites, links, software and programs within the guide are free of cost.
The manual claims it will save authors money, time and effort while helping them accomplish the goals or selling books to a worldwide audience.
Some of the chapters cover how to:
- build social media platform and online presence.
- create a freely hosted blog site.
- design ebook covers.
- format and upload for ebook retailers like Amazon, Smashwords, Barnes & Noble.
- convert documents to multiple formats (epub, mobi, pdf, lrf and others).
- create a freely hosted website.
- utilize SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to rise in rankings.
- sell ebooks with PayPal buttons.
- use PR (Public Relations) to generate traffic.
The author has written 2 novels, both of which he also created ebooks for and sells them in the ways he describes in the book.