Hanoi, Vietnam, May 21, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Luxury Travel Vietnam Group (www.luxurytravelvietnam.com ) to Promote Responsible Tourism in Vietnam. Responsible Tourism is to create better places for people to live in, and better places to visit. In 2002 The Cape Town Declaration on Responsible Tourism defined:
“Responsible Tourism is tourism which:
- Minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts
- Generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well being of host communities
- Improves working conditions and access to the industry
- Involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life chances
- Makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage embracing diversity
- Provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues
- Provides access for physically challenged people
- Is culturally sensitive, encourages respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.”
Responsible Tourism is the right thing to do. It also means a tourism ‘that creates better places for people to live in, and better places to visit’.
Since 2002, Responsible tourism is becoming a fast global trend. Many countries are already practicing Responsible Tourism, and this list is growing.
In responsible tourism, individuals, organizations and businesses are asked to take responsibility for their actions and the impacts of their actions.
The emphasis on responsibility in responsible tourism means that everyone involved in tourism – government, product owners and operators, transport operators, community services, NGO’s and CBO’s, tourists, local communities, industry associations – are responsible for achieving the goals of responsible tourism.
Luxury Travel promotes responsible tourism and launches a new website www.adventuratravel.com and names a Frenchwomen Marie Garcia as head of the department.
“Marie is committed to the idea of luxury travel concept and responsible tourism in our new inbound adventure travel department and its ability to aid and empower local communities in developing countries which aligns perfectly with our own sustainable tourism commitment,” said Luxury Travel’s CEO Pham Ha.