New York, NY, June 03, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcasts, has scheduled a live webcast on “The New Financial Industry Reform Legislation: The Benefits and the Costs.” This two-hour event is scheduled on Wednesday, July 21, 2010, at 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET.
The new financial industry reform’s sweeping legislation will change the structure and regulation of banks and other financial service providers. The final passage marks a significant overhaul to the financial industry. In this Knowledge Group Financial Reform Live webcast, a panel of distinguished professionals will help you understand the most critical issues which will include:
- A summary and explanation of the most significant changes contained in the legislation.
- The regulation of large banks and other financial institutions – what will change and why.
- Does the proposal really end too big to fail? Why or why not.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Agency. What is it and what will it do.
- National Bank Preemption – what has changed?
- Industrial loan companies and other non-bank banks.
- The new role and powers of the Federal Reserve Board.
- The Council of Regulators. What will it do and who will be effected?
- What should creditors know about the changes in the resolution provisions for financial institutions.
- How does this legislative deal with Hedge funds and private equity funds.
- The Volcker Rule. What is it and what will it do?
- Insurance Companies and Securities Firms – How are they treated?
- Derivatives– How will these contracts be regulated going forward?
- Securitization – How regulation will change
- Fiduciary duties of brokers – How their lives would change
Raymond Natter, Partner, Barnett Sivon & Natter
Robert C. Pozen, Chairman, MFS Investment Management
Charles M. Horn, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
Richard D. Marshall, Partner, Ropes & Gray
For more details on the event, please visit: http://www.knowledgecongress.org/event_2010_Afir.html
About The Knowledge Group, LLC/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Congress is a series of live webcasts produced by The Knowledge Group, LLC, which examine trends, regulatory, and technology changes across a variety of industries. “We bring together the world's leading authorities and industry participants through informative two-hour webcast that study the impact of changing regulations and help businesses succeed through proper regulatory compliance.” To contact or to register to an event, please visit: www.knowledgecongress.org.