Palo Alto, CA, June 04, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Gridstore, the innovation leader in enterprise-class Network Attached Storage grid (NASg) solutions, today announced that the analyst firm, Taneja Group, has recognized Gridstore as a leading solution for scale-out NAS for SMB and MSP organizations. The recently published Taneja Group report, entitled “Gridstore NASg: Network Attached Storage Grid,” details how Gridstore NASg uses a grid architecture to build a cost-effective file-based storage solution, creating storage pools to centralize sharing and management of massive amounts of NAS-stored files. The result is a cost-effective, high-performance solution that is both scalable and reliable.
“Gridstore is a significant entrant in the scale-out NAS market category,” said Arun Taneja, founder and consulting analyst, Taneja Group in the report. “With Gridstore entering the picture, we see a newly innovative approach to consolidating storage while optimizing efficiency for SMB and mid-tier customers and increasing profitability for their MSPs. Gridstore’s competitive impact on the SMB and mid-tier NAS market may well be a dramatic one.”
The Gridstore NASg platform combines the simplicity, convenience and affordability of NAS with the scalability, performance and reliability of enterprise-class storage. The powerful on-premise NAS storage grid eliminates storage sprawl and multiple single points of failure while providing a next-generation storage offering at 1/2 the cost of standalone NAS solutions.
According to Taneja Group research, Gridstore NASg offers economical and highly scalable scale-out NAS systems for the SMB. As a result, it uniquely delivers the following benefits:
- Scalable Capacity – NASg creates a single storage pool to avoid creating disparate pools for storage using multiple NAS devices. Simply attaching a NASg storage node to the network expands capacity.
- Scalable Performance – NASg harnesses the aggregate processing power of client nodes to delivering linear scaling by distributing storage processing and eliminating processing bottlenecks.
- Scalable Throughput – Every NASg storage node adds 1Gb/s of parallel throughput. As the storage pool grows, the bandwidth to the pool automatically grows with it to eliminate network bottlenecks.
- Fault Tolerant – NASg features scalable redundancy and fault tolerance that goes beyond RAID 5/6. NASg can be configured to allow many failures of entire storage nodes and eliminates the single points of failure from disks, controller or management console.
- Cost-Effective OPEX and CAPEX – NASg significantly lowers IT management overhead thus reducing OPEX budgets. It also leverages commodity hardware to deliver cost-effective storage that reduces ongoing capital costs.
“Gridstore NASg was designed to bring the value of enterprise-class scale-out NAS to the SMB and MSP customer,” said Kelly Murphy, CEO and co-founder, Gridstore. “No organization, regardless of size, should be constrained by their exponential growth of data. NASg solves the challenges of cost, performance and scalability for the small and mid-sized organization while increasing availability and reliability. Now every organization can easily implement limitless storage capacity with unlimited network bandwidth and processing capacity for even the most demanding storage applications.”
The cornerstone of Gridstore NASg is the Gridstore NASg Storage Node, an Intel/Microsoft-based storage node that features embedded Windows XP, an Intel Atom core, 1GB of RAM, and up to 2TB of SATA hard disk drives. To view the complete Taneja Group product profile on Gridstore NASg, please visit: http://www.gridstore.com/news_resources.html
Follow Gridstore on Twitter at http://twitter.com/gridstore
Gridstore is the innovation leader in enterprise-class Network Attached Storage grid (NASg) products. NASg provides unlimited storage capacity and reliability at a fraction of the cost of traditional storage solutions. NASg is designed for small-to-mid-sized businesses and Managed Service Providers who struggle with the risk, cost and complexity of storage sprawl and who need enterprise class storage without the cost and complexity. Founded in 2007, Gridstore is headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. and has development facilities in Dublin, Ireland. For more information, please visit: http://www.gridstore.com/