Lighthouse Point, FL, December 01, 2006 --(PR.com
)-- It comes as no surprise that the name Voodoo Tiki Tequila has now become synonymous with “real” Tequila. Today, they can proudly declare that Voodoo Tiki Tequila has been able to dispel the wrong notions that many people have about Tequila.
Tequila gained notoriety because of the so-called Gold Tequila, which is actually a “mixto” that leaves a bad aftertaste and usually a terrible hangover.
“I thought it was unfortunate that people often had a negative connotation when they thought of Tequila. I noticed the majority would make an expression similar to that seen after sucking a bitter lemon when the word Tequila was mentioned. However, we have recently found that people who are willing to give Tequila one more shot are pleasantly surprised after they try Voodoo Tiki Tequila,” explains Donna Taddeo, President of Voodoo Tiki Tequila. “That grimace turns to a look of surprise, and the words “Wow, very good! That is smooth,” says it all...”
So, if you are one of those who want to savor Tequila, but are holding yourself back because of the bad experience that you had with that “Gold” Tequila you’d downed during that unforgettable spring break, the ultra premium Voodoo Tiki Tequila is meant just for you!
But what sets apart Voodoo Tiki Tequila from the rest? The answer to this question lies in Voodoo Tiki’s superior production techniques. It is a well-known fact that production techniques greatly affect the taste of Tequila. The magic in Voodoo Tiki Tequila lies in part with choosing the best, biggest, and sweetest blue agaves, and the slow cooking to avoid the bitter taste which results when the agave is cooked too rapidly. The fact that Voodoo Tiki Tequila is double-distilled and oxygenated contributes toward making it “Ultra-Premium” Tequila.
“Our production methods are in sharp contrast to the mass production methods deployed by our competitors. Many manufacturers add wood essence or caramel color to darken their Tequila, in an effort to make it look more aged, and hence, more valuable. At Voodoo Tiki, we create a variety of high-quality Tequila blends, each made from 100% blue agave plants, aged anywhere from 8-12 years and prepared as long as necessary. Never rushed!” describes John Taddeo, creator of Voodoo Tiki Tequila.
What are the differences in Tequila? Here you go:
1. Gold Tequila – A value-priced product used for mixing a “cheap” drink. It gets its golden color from mixing with caramel color. It is referred to as a Mixto Tequila because it is only 51% Blue Agave. The remaining 49% comes from other less-valuable plants.
2. Silver or Blanco Tequila – A 100% Blue Agave Clear Tequila. This is the “raw” Tequila that emerges from the steel drums after fermentation and distillation. It is Tequila in its most basic form. It can be bottled directly or aged in barrels (or as the legend goes, tiki’s) to produce a Reposado or an Añejo.
3. Reposado – A 100% Blue Agave White Tequila that is aged in oak barrels for 2-8 months. During that resting period, Tequila’s bite relaxes and flavors breathe.
4. Añejo – A very fine, Cognac-type Tequila. Añejo means, “Aged.” Voodoo Tiki Añejo is aged a minimum of one year (in the honor of the legendary Don Pedro) in oak barrels.
About Voodoo Tiki
Based in Boca Raton, Florida, Voodoo Tiki offers a full range of high-concept, high-quality Ultra-Premium tequila each made from 100% Blue Agave plants aged anywhere from 8-12 years, and bottled in Mexico as set forth by Mexican Law. The Tequila Factory is located in Anrandas, Mexico, in the state of Jalisco, Mexico and the Corporate headquarters are in Boca Raton, Florida. Voodoo Tiki offers tequilas that suit every need and taste, from the occasional tequila drinker to hard-core traditionalists and connoisseurs. First to offer ten flavor-infused tequilas including Prickly Pear, Lime and Blue Kiwi. The company can be reached via toll-free telephone at 1-VoodooTiki (866-366-8454), via email at VoodooTikiPR@aol.com or through its Web site at www.voodootiki.com