New York, NY, June 20, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Golden Networking's Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010, "Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework" (http://www.DerivativesLeadersForum.com), July 22nd, 2010, New York City, will feature a panel of experts and practitioners on "Exploring Latest Developments in the Market for Credit Default Swaps". Golden Networking's Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 will provide attendees with answers to questions on how to successfully navigate the new regulatory landscape for over-the-counter and exchange-traded derivatives, devise profit-increasing strategies to enhance the performance of trading desks and anticipate developments in the industry.
The market for credit default swaps (CDS) has grown exponentially within the last decade. According to the International Swaps and Derivatives Association’s historical survey of the size of the CDS market, the marketplace grew from a notional value of around $630 billion in the second half of 2001 to $36 trillion by the end of last year, equivalent to roughly two and a half times the amount of goods and services sold in the American economy annually. Will proposed regulations on derivatives dealers, trading and central clearing reduce risk in the credit default swap market? Should credit default swap trading be restricted when the protection buyer does not have an underlying interest? Will CDS-protected creditors of bankrupt companies be required to disclose their positions? Which steps are necessary to achieve renewed and prudent growth of these products?
Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 is produced by Golden Networking (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for financial services and real estate business executives, entrepreneurs, investors and diplomats, founded by former McKinsey consultant and Columbia Business School MBA Edgar Perez. Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders Forums, including:
- Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
- Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
- High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation", http://www.HFTExpertsForum.com
- Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times", http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
· High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond", http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com