New York, NY, June 16, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Golden Networking's Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010, "Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework" (http://www.DerivativesLeadersForum.com), July 22nd, 2010, New York City, will feature a discussion on the Securities and Exchange Commission's investigation on how derivatives are being used in mutual funds and exchange-traded funds. Golden Networking's Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 will provide attendees with answers to questions on how to successfully navigate the new regulatory landscape for over-the-counter and exchange-traded derivatives, devise profit-increasing strategies to enhance the performance of trading desks and anticipate developments in the industry.
The Wall Street Journal reported: "These days, bond funds use fixed-income derivatives to obtain exposure to certain kinds of investments, or to hedge their risks. It's also common for large-cap stock funds—particularly index funds—to use stock futures contracts as a way to manage their cash positions and to cope with big inflows and redemption demands by their investors. For instance, when a fund that tracks the Standard & Poor's 500-stock index gets a sudden inflow of cash, it can buy stock futures immediately and then gradually convert that into stock of the 500 companies in the index. It wasn't until the new millennium that derivatives usage became widespread in at least one niche of the fund market, the rapidly growing universe of index-linked ETFs. Largely responsible for that popularity is a small subsection of that group—the volatile vehicles known as leveraged and inverse leveraged index funds. They aim, respectively, to provide two or three times the return of a specific index, or two or three times the inverse of the index's return. The existence of swaps made possible strategies that wouldn't have been legal otherwise, since they would have required the kind of leverage that the 1940 act specifically bans."
Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 is produced by Golden Networking (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for financial services and real estate business executives, entrepreneurs, investors and diplomats, founded by former McKinsey consultant and Columbia Business School MBA Edgar Perez. Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders Forums, including:
- Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
- Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
- High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation", http://www.HFTExpertsForum.com
- Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times", http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
- High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond", http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com
In addition to the upcoming Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010, Golden Networking has assembled an impressive program for Fall 2010, that includes:
· Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010, "Analyzing and Valuing Distressed Companies, Securities and Real Estate" (http://www.DistressedInvestingExpertsForum.com), September 23rd, New York City
· 2nd China Leaders Forum, "Challenges and Opportunities for China's Economic Juggernaut" (http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com), October 7th, New York City
· Latin America Leaders Forum 2010, "Unlikely Oasis of Growth amid the Global Economic Crisis?" (http://www.LatinAmericaLeadersForum.com), October 21st, New York City
· 2nd Banking Leaders Forum, "Private Banking on the Brink of Transformational Change" (http://www.BankingLeadersForum.com), November 11th, New York City
· 2nd Private Equity Leaders Forum, "Setting the Stage for Radical Transformation in 2011 and Beyond" (http://www.PrivateEquityLeadersForum.com), December 9th, New York City