New York, NY, June 20, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- The United States government should not stand behind banks that mix their trading with their banking activities, former Fed Chairman Paul Volcker told CNBC Monday. "If you don't have this rule [known as the Volcker rule or Volcker plan], what stops any financial institution from buying a bank, saying I'm a bank and getting a banking license, mixing up their trading activities with their banking activities," said Volcker, as he discussed financial reform, now being debated in Congress, including derivatives. Volcker is chairman of the Economic Recovery Advisory Board, under Obama.
The Volcker rule, Paul Volcker's idea to restrict banks from making certain types of speculative investments, such as trading derivatives, if those investments aren't in their customers' interests, will be a hotly debated topic at Golden Networking's Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010, "Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework."
(http://www.DerivativesLeadersForum.com), July 22nd, 2010, New York City. Golden Networking's Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 will provide attendees with answers to questions on how to successfully navigate the new regulatory landscape for over-the-counter and exchange-traded derivatives, devise profit-increasing strategies to enhance the performance of trading desks and anticipate developments in the industry.
Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 is produced by Golden Networking (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for financial services and real estate business executives, entrepreneurs, investors and diplomats, founded by former McKinsey consultant and Columbia Business School MBA Edgar Perez. Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders Forums, including:
- Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
- Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
- High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation", http://www.HFTExpertsForum.com
- Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times", http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
- High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond", http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com
In addition to the upcoming Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010, Golden Networking has assembled an impressive program for Fall 2010, that includes:
· Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010, "Analyzing and Valuing Distressed Companies, Securities and Real Estate" (http://www.DistressedInvestingExpertsForum.com), September 23rd, New York City
· 2nd China Leaders Forum, "Challenges and Opportunities for China's Economic Juggernaut" (http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com), October 7th, New York City
· Latin America Leaders Forum 2010, "Unlikely Oasis of Growth amid the Global Economic Crisis?" (http://www.LatinAmericaLeadersForum.com), October 21st, New York City
· 2nd Banking Leaders Forum, "Private Banking on the Brink of Transformational Change" (http://www.BankingLeadersForum.com), November 11th, New York City
· 2nd Private Equity Leaders Forum, "Setting the Stage for Radical Transformation in 2011 and Beyond" (http://www.PrivateEquityLeadersForum.com), December 9th, New York City