New York, NY, June 18, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Dr. Elliot Noma, Ph.D., Managing Director, Garrett Asset Management, LLC, and Senior Risk Consultant with Asset Alliance, will present at Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010, "Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework" (http://www.DerivativesLeadersForum.com), July 22nd, 2010, New York City. Dr. Noma is the founder of Garrett Asset Management, a systematic trading firm that uses technical systems to invest in futures, ETFs, and currencies; the firm uses a regime switching model to determine when to update the allocations in a portfolio of technical strategies.
Dr. Noma consults on a variety of financial issues involving portfolio management, hedge fund due diligence, trading systems, risk management, fund of hedge funds, and operational due diligence. Dr. Noma is a member of the Financial Risk Manager (FRM) examination committee within the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). He is also a member of the editorial board for The Investment Professional, published by the New York Society of Security Analysts.
Prior to founding Garrett Asset Management, Dr. Noma was the portfolio manager for the BTOP50 fund, a diversified portfolio of global macro, commodity, and managed futures programs. He was a member of the Asset Alliance Investment Committee that oversees all fund of funds investments for Asset Alliance. Dr. Noma was also the Chief Risk Officer at Asset Alliance. In that role he was responsible for the risk oversight of Asset Alliance's single- and multi-manager product offerings. Prior to joining Asset Alliance, Dr. Noma was Senior Risk Analyst, Fixed Income Products, Merrill Lynch Investment Managers (2000-2003). Earlier in his career, Dr. Noma was Director of Corporate Risk Management overseeing derivative and fixed income products within Deutsche Bank, Americas (1995-1999), and developed fixed income market strategies at, J.P. Morgan Securities (1993-1995). Dr. Noma also spent four years in the psychology faculty at Rutgers University (1983 – 1986) and his research has been published in numerous industry journals and scholarly periodicals.
Dr. Noma graduated from Dartmouth College in 1972 with a BA in Mathematics. He received M.A’s in Mathematics and Psychology in 1979 and a Ph.D. in Mathematical Psychology in 1982 from The University of Michigan. In 1990, Dr. Noma received an Advanced Professional Certificate in Finance from New York University.
Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 is produced by Golden Networking (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for financial services and real estate business executives, entrepreneurs, investors and diplomats, founded by former McKinsey consultant and Columbia Business School MBA Edgar Perez. Upcoming Golden Networking's Forums and Business Receptions include:
- High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour, (http://www.HFTHappyHour.com), July 13th, New York City
- Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010, "Analyzing and Valuing Distressed Companies, Securities and Real Estate" (http://www.DistressedInvestingExpertsForum.com), September 23rd, New York City
- 2nd China Leaders Forum, "Challenges and Opportunities for China's Economic Juggernaut" (http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com), October 7th, New York City
- Latin America Leaders Forum 2010, "Unlikely Oasis of Growth amid the Global Economic Crisis?" (http://www.LatinAmericaLeadersForum.com), October 21st, New York City
- 2nd Banking Leaders Forum, "Private Banking on the Brink of Transformational Change" (http://www.BankingLeadersForum.com), November 11th, New York City
- Global Energy Leaders Forum 2010, "Proposals and Solutions for Today's Global Energy Challenges" (http://www.GlobalEnergyLeadersForum.com), December 2nd, New York City
- 2nd Private Equity Leaders Forum, "Setting the Stage for Radical Transformation in 2011 and Beyond" (http://www.PrivateEquityLeadersForum.com), December 9th, New York City
Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders Forums, including:
- Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
- Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
- High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation", http://www.HFTExpertsForum.com
- Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times", http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
- High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond", http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact Golden Networking by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections" (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/07/nyregion/07network.html), Los Angeles Times, "Speed-addicted traders dominate today's stock market" (http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may/16/business/la-fi-new-exchanges-20100516), Reuters, "Revamp looms as trading experts huddle at SEC" (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6504U820100601) and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10" (http://www7.gsb.columbia.edu/alumni/news/ten-under-ten).