New York, NY, June 22, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- The Futures Industry Association said last week it formed a new lobby group to represent high-frequency trading firms that have come under heightened scrutiny. The lobby, the Principal Traders Group (PTG), represents a who's who of high-frequency traders, including Getco LLC and Allston Trading. Key point on their agenda is to inform the markets of the benefits provided by high-frequency traders creating the liquidity so that people coming into the market have buyers on the other side; this particular point was extensively discussed at GoldenNetworking.net's High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond", now available on a 6-disc DVD set at http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com.
Reuters reported: "High-frequency firms, which use rapid-fire algorithms to earn profits from market imbalances, have been under criticism over the past year for strategies some say unfairly take advantage of slower traders. PTG hopes to make the case to lawmakers, regulators and the public that proprietary trading firms -- those that trade with their own money in contrast to hedge funds or banks -- do more good than harm. U.S. lawmakers are hashing out a sweeping financial regulatory reform bill that would push over-the-counter derivatives into clearinghouses and possibly centralized trading venues -- a move that could benefit trading firms by opening up an entirely new class of assets to them. But proposals being considered by regulators could hurt the firms. The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has a plan to limit the number of futures contracts a trader can hold at one time, while the SEC is considering a plan to clamp down on some types of high-frequency trading and to impose trading halts in volatile markets."
High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package is produced by GoldenNetworking.net (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs, investors and diplomats, founded by former McKinsey consultant and Columbia Business School MBA Edgar Perez.
Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders Forums, including:
· Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
· Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
· High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation", http://www.HFTExpertsForum.com
· Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times", http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
· High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond", http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact Golden Networking by sending an email to email@example.com. Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections" (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/07/nyregion/07network.html), Los Angeles Times, "Speed-addicted traders dominate today's stock market" (http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may/16/business/la-fi-new-exchanges-20100516), Reuters, "Revamp looms as trading experts huddle at SEC" (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6504U820100601) and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10" (http://www7.gsb.columbia.edu/alumni/news/ten-under-ten).