New York, NY, July 09, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- As reported by MarketWatch, Belgian financial services group KBC said Monday that it has agreed to sell some of its bonds and equity derivatives business to Daiwa Securities Capital Markets Co. More details on the rationale for this transaction will be offered by a blue-ribbon panel of experts at upcoming Golden Networking's Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010, "Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework" (http://www.DerivativesLeadersForum.com), July 22nd, 2010, New York City, sponsored by UltraHighFrequencyTrading.com.
KBC said Daiwa will pay around $1 billion for its global convertible bond unit and its Asian equity derivatives operations, with around $800 million of the purchase price covering its trading positions. Daiwa Securities Capital Markets is the investment banking arm of Daiwa Securities Group Inc, one of the largest brokerage groups in Japan. "The agreement announced today marks another important step in KBC's strategy to wind down the structured products business," said CEO Jan Vanhevel on the Daiwa deal. "This divestment frees up substantial capital resources while further reducing our group's risk profile and strengthening the group's focus on its core bancassurance markets and expertise," he added. Bancassurance refers to the selling of insurance through a bank. For Daiwa, the deal fits with plans announced in November to significantly grow its global markets operations, including derivatives, once referred to as "financial weapons of mass destruction" by no other than billionaire investor Warren Buffett.
Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 is produced by GoldenNetworking.net (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs, investors and diplomats, founded by former McKinsey consultant and Columbia Business School MBA Edgar Perez. Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders Forums, including:
- Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
- Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
- High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation", http://www.HFTExpertsForum.com
- Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times", http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
- High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond", http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact Golden Networking by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections" (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/07/nyregion/07network.html), Los Angeles Times, "Speed-addicted traders dominate today's stock market" (http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may/16/business/la-fi-new-exchanges-20100516), Reuters, "Revamp looms as trading experts huddle at SEC" (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6504U820100601) and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10" (http://www7.gsb.columbia.edu/alumni/news/ten-under-ten).