Irvine, CA, October 02, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- The Sabritec passive equalizer (patent pending) is designed to fit into a size 8 Twinax or Quadrax contact requiring no power and acting as a high pass filter, helping to compensate for the frequency dependant cable loss and assisting in ‘re-opening the eye pattern’ on long cable runs allowing for faster data rates or extending the length of the cable.
Equalization is an important tool in any digital engineer’s toolkit. The robust ‘user-transparent’ device will extend the reach of high speed digital signals without using any system power or pc board real estate. It is intended for use in high speed (>2Gb/s) 100 Ohm differential interconnects. The unique design helps to offset those high frequency losses endemic to high speed digital interconnect paths that are primarily dispersive in nature. As an added benefit of it’s high pass characteristics, Inter Symbol Interference (ISI) is reduced as well as deterministic jitter. The equalizer is an invaluable tool when trying to squeeze the last meter out of a cabling plant that had been previously designed for slower data rate signals. Furthermore, because of the nature of the equalizer it can be placed anywhere in the transmission path that is convenient to system designer.
Key benefits of the Sabritec passive equalizer circuit include:
• Improve the length over which a high-speed signal can be sent
• Increase the data rate for a given interconnect length
• Improve the margin at the receiver for a given signal performance
• Decrease the wire gauge size to save weight and improve routability
• Decrease the wire gauge size where there is a high volume of conductors in a given space
• Re-use existing wire and cable to drive higher data rate signals
• Entirely passive (no extra power required)
• Self contained in the contact, no board real estate used
• Applicable over a wide range of data rates and transmission types
• Helps reduce ISI and deterministic jitter