Annandale, VA, November 06, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- The Email Newsletter Resource Center (ENRC) announced today email newsletter best practices for 2011. The ENRC (online as e-newsletters.com) gathered information on best practices by interviewing publishers and e-newsletter subscribers.
“Our research indicates that email newsletters continue to be an effective communications channel even with the explosion of social media. Publishers are not abandoning their e-newsletters; but they are adapting their email newsletter strategies to incorporate social media. Another change on the horizon is making email newsletters mobile-ready. Many publishers targeting consumers have already or are planning in 2011 to adapt their email newsletter to mobile. Publishers targeting business readers are also watching this trend very carefully,” stated Kathryn McGeehan, President of Market Wise Inc, which manages the ENRC.
Publishers interested in adapting best practices for their email newsletters in 2011 should consider the following:
1. Connect the email newsletters with social media channels
2. Develop an editorial calendar to keep a steady stream of content
3. Use crowd-sourcing techniques or tap into popular blogs to develop relevant content for each issue
4. Create content of value, do not use the email newsletter to send only sales messages
5. Re-purpose the email newsletter content through a blog or other interactive channel
6. Use a delivery system that is mobile-friendly.
7. Make sure the email template is mobile-ready (especially when sending email to consumers)
8. Encourage reader engagement
Individuals can find more information on the best practices for email newsletters in 2011 by visiting the ENRC blog at e-newsletters.com/blog.
Bottom line, the email newsletter is not dead; but to get the most out of an e-newsletter in 2011, publishers will need to adapt to a changing communications and technology landscape.
About the Email Newsletter Resource Center
The Email Newsletter Resource Center provides information on best practices email newsletter publishers, advertisers and writers. The ENRC is operated by Market Wise Inc., which publishes best practices Web sites on a range of Internet marketing topics.
For more information about the ENRC, please visit e-newsletters.com.