Wichita, KS, January 07, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- The popular online art gallery, overstockArt.com, is pleased to announce its record holiday season sales. The company’s holiday sales, from Nov. 26 through Dec. 26, saw a 24.25 percent increase versus the corresponding days in 2009. This increase is nearly 21 percent higher than the 3.3 percent holiday sales increase predicted by The National Retail Federation.
Highlights from overstockArt.com’s holiday shopping period, Nov. 26 to Dec. 26, include:
• 24.25 percent increase in overall sales
• 24.38 percent increase in revenue
• 22.25 percent increase in order placements
• 12.92 percent increase in site traffic
Highlights from the five-day Thanksgiving shopping period, Nov. 26 to Nov. 30, include:
• 100 percent increase in sales
• Broke its single day sales record on Cyber Monday, making Nov. 29, 2010 the e-commerce site’s largest retail day in its history
• 98 percent revenue increase
• 74 percent order placement increase
• 50 percent site traffic increase
“The holiday season is traditionally our busiest sales time of the year, but this is an astounding increase in sales for an e-commerce retailer of any kind,” said David Sasson, founder and CEO of overstockArt.com. In fact, overstockArt.com’s increased sales were 11.25 percent higher than most e-retailers this holiday season. According to data published by the Internet tracking firm ComScore, Inc., retail e-commerce spending was up 13 percent this holiday season.
overstockArt.com attributes its holiday sales growth to effective marketing tactics, system speed and ease of access, innovative web tools, exemplary customer relations, and robust inventory, along with an improving economy and continued consumer shift to purchasing gifts online.