Minneapolis, MN, July 19, 2005 --(PR.com
)-- "NAF is pleased to be participating in ABA’s Annual Meeting,” said Curtis Brown, general counsel at the National Arbitration Forum. “Arbitration, mediation and other forms of ADR continue to grow as valuable ways to settle a variety of disputes. The ADR panels at ABA Annual are excellent ways for attendees to learn how to best resolve legal disputes without incurring the high costs of lawsuits.”
Healthcare ADR: The Tidal Wave Arrives Panel
National Arbitration Forum Director of Healthcare and Insurance ADR Services Keith Maurer will lead a panel entitled “Healthcare ADR: The Tidal Wave Arrives” on August 7 from 1:30 –4:00 p.m at the Drake Hotel. Maurer will serve as moderator and present information on how parties with healthcare disputes can best resolve disputes efficiently and cost-effectively, outside of the courtroom.
Other panelists include:
· Dr. John Nelson, Immediate Past President, American Medical Association (AMA)
· Peter Leibold, CEO, American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
· Mary Ann Hilliard, American Hospital Association Liability Task Force
· Susan Schmid, Cooperative of American Physicians-Mutual Protection Trust (CAP MPT)
· David M. Humiston, Partner, Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold LLP; and Chair, ABA Health Law Section’s Managed Care and Insurance Interest Group for the 2005-2006 term
Solo Day 2005 Panel
National Arbitration Forum Vice President and Assistant General Counsel Phil Ytterberg will participate in “Solo Day 2005,” an annual CLE program of ABA’s General Practice and Solo, Small Firm Section (GPSolo) that features relevant and helpful information for solo and small firm practitioners. The theme of this year's Solo Day is, “Rejuvenating Your Law Practice.” Ytterberg will give practical advice on how to understand and apply the advantages of mediation and arbitration to better serve clients in resolving commercial disputes. Solo Day 2005 will be held on August 5 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Sheraton Chicago, Hotel & Towers.
Other speakers/panelists include:
· Arthur Miller, Harvard Law School Professor, Solo Day Keynote Speaker
· Andrea Goldman, Gately & Goldman, LLP
· Amy Lin Meyerson, President-Elect, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Annual ADR Update Panel
Ytterberg will also be a panelist on the Business Law Section’s “Annual ADR Update” panel on August 8 from 2:30 –4:30 p.m. Ytterberg will give the ADR administrator’s view on U.S. legislation affecting ADR and other developments impacting how litigants resolve disputes out-of-court.
Other panelists include:
· Terry Trantina, Chair, Dispute Resolution Committee, Co-Chair, Ad Hoc Committee on Consumer Arbitration, Business Law Section
· Alan Kaplinsky, Vice Chair, Corporate ADR Committee, Dispute Resolution Section; and Co-Chair, Ad Hoc Committee on Consumer Arbitration, Business Law Section
· Lawrence Graves, Partner, Coolidge & Graves
· Gail Reese, Member, Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs
Annual Meeting and Expo
NAF will also have a strong presence throughout the Annual Meeting and Expo. NAF will:
· Exhibit at the ABA Expo, Hyatt Regency, August 4-6;
· Have attorneys available to answer questions and speak with the media or others interested in ADR;
· Sponsor the ABA’s Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS), the General Practice and Solo, Small Firm Section (GPSolo) and the Section of Litigation and have a presence at their booths; and
· Hold a Healthcare ADR Reception at the Drake Hotel, Venetian Room, August 6 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.