New York City, NY, March 12, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- At this unique event you can gain firsthand insights directly from the government regarding current enforcement initiatives and the standards being applied to evaluate food and beverage marketing and advertising claims:
- Mary Engle, Associate Director, Division of Advertising Practices, Bureau of Consumer Protection, FTC
- Richard Cleland, Assistant Director, Division of Advertising Practices, Bureau of Consumer Protection, FTC
- Kial Young, Senior Attorney, Division of Advertising Practices, Bureau of Consumer Protection, FTC
- Jennifer Thomas, Director, Division of Enforcement, Office of Compliance, CFSAN, FDA
- Vincent de Jesus, Nutritionist, Office of Nutrition, Labeling & Dietary Supplements, CFSAN, FDA
- Kathryn L. Farrara, Staff Attorney, National Advertising Division
Take note as the FDA and FTC provide insights into how they are approaching key issues in food and beverage advertising and marketing as they speak on the following sessions:
- Compiling Effective Scientific and Medical Evidence to Support Your Claim Substantiation
- FDA & FTC Enforcement Priorities in Food Labeling and Advertising
- Preparing for and Responding to Renewed Government Interest in Food Marketing to Children
- Ensuring Compliant Front-of-Package Labeling
- Knowing What Can and Cannot Be Said When Making Specific Food Product Claims
- Understanding Current FTC Guidance on Endorsements and Testimonials
Specifically structured to focus in on the unique marketing and advertising challenges of the food and beverage industry, this conference will also provide you with the opportunity to benchmark with your colleagues at Yum! Brands, J.M. Smucker, Del Monte, Nestlé, Scripps Networks, General Mills, Herbalife and Coca-Cola as you learn what your company should be doing now to re-adjust its marketing and advertising practices in response to this new wave of FDA and FTC enforcement.
Full information on the summit can be found at www.AmericanConference.com/foodmarketing.
About American Conference Institute: A unique organization, American Conference Institute is devoted to providing the business intelligence that senior decision-makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world.
Staffed by industry specialists, lawyers and other professionals, American Conference Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge.