Houston, TX, April 03, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- The Boyce Consultancy Group, LLC announces a new course highlighting techniques that Improve Efficiency, Productivity and Reliability of Centrifugal Compressors and Gas Turbines, May 10-12, in Houston, Texas. Taught by Dr. Meherwan P. Boyce PhD, Professional Engineer (US), Chartered Engineer (UK), this 3-day short course is designed for engineers of all disciplines, managers, technicians, design, and maintenance and operations personnel.
Course content focuses on the design and operation of Centrifugal Compressors used in refineries, pipelines, and downhole pressurization, as well as Gas Turbines as direct drives for compressors and pumps and with generators in cogeneration and combined cycle applications.
Course attendees will learn practical ways to improve overall centrifugal compressor and gas turbine productivity along with:
· How to design and specify centrifugal compressors and gas turbines for maximum reliability.
· How to recognize the various operational environments that can erode power and efficiency.
· Basics of practical plant machinery design, operation and maintenance requirements.
· Proven techniques to enhance job performance and decision making skills.
Topics include TurboMachinery Specifications, Centrifugal Compressor Design Characteristics, Surge and Surge Detection, Centrifugal Compressor Rerates, Centrifugal Compressor Performance Analysis and Testing as per PTC10; Gas Turbine Cycles and Power Augmentation, Axial Flow Compressors and Turbines, Combustors, Materials Coatings and Fuels, Gas Turbine Performance Analysis as per PTC 22, Improving Power and Efficiency of Gas Turbines.
The registration fee includes:
· Breakfast and lunch for three days
· A welcome dinner at the home of Dr. Boyce
· Two best-selling books by Dr. Boyce (Centrifugal Compressors: A Basic Guide and The Gas Turbine Engineering Handbook)
· Membership in the "Turbo-Machinery Round Table," an online community for attendees and Dr. Boyce.
Interested parties can register online at http://www.boyceconsultancy.com/centrifugalCompressor-houston.php or by phone at 713-807-0888.
About The Boyce Consultancy Group, LLC
The Boyce Consultancy Group, LLC is a group of highly-qualified engineering consultants dedicated to technical excellence in the petrochemical, manufacturing, public utility, and power generation industries. Headed by Dr. Meherwan P. Boyce PhD, Professional Engineer (US), Chartered Engineer (UK), the pioneer of On-Line Condition Based Performance Monitoring, the Boyce Consultancy Group is a respected provider of gas turbine and steam turbine training seminars, customized training, engineering consulting, forensic engineering, and expert witness testimony to industry leading organizations around the world. For more information visit www.boyceconsultancy.com.