New Property Website Where the Buyer is King
New UK free-to-use property website dedicated to helping active property buyers advertise their specific requirements in a quick and simple on-line format. Property owners can access all information and contact unlimited number of buyers and will appeal to private sellers, agents and developers as an efficient source of buyers.
Frustrated by the poor service they were receiving from estate agents, developers David Roberts and Lorna Phillips set up tickeverybox.com. The website is completely free to use.
“Tickeverybox.com is the first property website to allow proactive buyers to advertise their specific requirements 24 hours a day and allow prospective sellers to browse and view the buyers’ requirements before registering,” said David, who is a qualified Chartered Surveyor.
“It turns on its head the conventional approach to the business of buying and selling property which, even on websites, is geared around sellers and the description of the property they have for sale.”
The free service – unprecedented in property websites – has been set to give members unlimited use of the service and appreciate the control it gives them.
Registration allows sellers to contact buyers personally using the site’s secure messaging facility. Buyers and sellers receive automated e-mail alerts when new matches are made.
Buyers profiles include location, price range, buying position, property type and any specific requirements, with sellers able to view and contact an unlimited number of prospective buyers.
Tickeverybox.com, can be used by home-owners, investors, self-builders, developers and agents, and also includes a free-to-use discussion forum, a newsletter and hints and tips on property-related matters.
Both David and Lorna were property professionals before they set up the website, working for a South Cheshire estate agency.
When they set up their own development business, they were frustrated by the poor service from agents, and unreliable web search results.
“We know from working within the industry that estate agent mailing lists are not bulletproof,” said Lorna. “With buyer demand levels at an all time high you often get lost in the system, or end up receiving property details that are inappropriate and have no bearing on your initial specific requirement at all.
“We looked on the internet to find a website that allowed buyers to specify what they were looking for but we couldn’t find one. So we created one!”
David adds: “We are dedicated to helping buyers achieve maximum exposure in a very competitive environment, to provide all buyers with a level playing field and promote transparent property transactions.”
For Further Information, Please Contact
John V. Wright On 01829 752751,
Notes For Editors
Tickeverybox.com research indicates that:
1. Buyer demand currently outstrips property availability by 5:1
2. 80% of house buyers using the internet as their first search tool
3. There were 1,050,000 property sales in England and Wales in the year ending September 2006
4. Private sales market increased to 10% of total transactions
· allows 24-hour access to the market – ideal for people who are developing a property portfolio alongside the ‘day job’, either as an interest or as an alternative investment to the complex and under-performing pensions industry.
· provides for people to exchange information without a formal commitment and without the pressure of a third party (such as an estate agent)
· allows sellers to assess the potential demand for their property without having to have a board outside the house
· is both interactive and proactive. Buyers and sellers can input their profiles/details – and the site automatically emails both buyers and sellers when the internal database has found a match.