Virginia Beach, VA, May 09, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- You don’t want to have to avoid dining out for the sake of your health—nor should you have to. Confetti Caffé & Gelato introduces a new, better-for-you approach to food, without sacrificing flavor. Eager to perfect the taste of its food and center on real, wholesome ingredients, Confetti has opted for lighter menu choices which include authentic, high-quality ingredients and locally grown produce that will leave your conscience clear and your stomach happy.
“Recent studies have linked the preservatives found in processed deli meats to a higher risk of cancer, especially ovarian cancer. It was when I heard this that I decided to take the same ‘all natural’ approach with our entire menu that I did from the beginning with our gelato. I just didn’t feel right serving a product that I knew was bad for our guests,” said Eric Hinkle, Owner of Confetti Caffé & Gelato.
Confetti spent months searching current and new suppliers for all natural products. At last, after completing numerous taste tests involving various brands, Confetti discovered the most delicious, least-processed food items available on the market. With these alternatives, Confetti is now able to make its food more as nature intended, eliminating all artificial flavors, high-fructose corn syrup and dyes, in addition to artificial preservatives wherever possible.
Bettering its Menu with Tasty, Nutritious Foods
Some of the new items that have been incorporated in the improved recipes at Confetti include:
• All Natural Deli Meats and Carved Chicken – The new deli meats and carved chicken are now lower in sodium and 100% natural with no artificial ingredients, no MSG, no preservatives and no added nitrites or nitrates.
• Healthful Sauces and Salad Dressings – All sauces and dressings are now all natural and organic.
• Hormone-Free Milk – The milk now comes from a local farm co-op that uses no artificial hormones (rBST) or unnecessary antibiotics.
• Locally Grown Produce – Confetti now purchases its fresh fruit and vegetables from local family famers whenever possible.
• Superior Espresso Beans – The espresso beans are now shipped directly from two carefully selected sustainable farms in Brazil to Confetti’s local roaster to the caffé.
• Home-Made Crêpe Batter – After learning that their original batter contained trans-fats, Confetti now makes its own crêpe batter in-house.
Continuing its Commitment to Health and Wellness
The shift to simpler recipes with pure ingredients is just the next step in Confetti’s long-term devotion to offering healthier choices for its patrons. To be recognized as the leading choice for healthy light meals and snacks is now Confetti’s top priority, with noteworthy actions taken in the past couple months, including:
• Creating easier selection for Weight Watchers dieters with the preparation of a Weight Watchers friendly menu anticipated May, 2011. This new menu will be based on Confetti’s popular Duetto “choose two” option featuring half sandwiches, half salads, and half Pizzetti flatbreads paired with fresh fruit and a bottle of water. All for $6.99 and less than 500 calories.
• Removing artificial trans-fat and high fructose corn syrup from all food and beverages except the soda fountain, which Confetti is hoping to fix in the near future.
Confetti has made an ongoing promise to supply options for a healthier lifestyle. The business will continue to evaluate its nutrition and food and beverage selections to make it easier for customers to choose healthier menu items in Confetti.
Founded July 4, 2008, Confetti is on a mission to create more smiles than any other gelato company in America. Confetti handcrafts some of the best Italian ice cream you’ll find anywhere – but that hardly tells the whole story. Confetti Caffé serves a full menu of healthy light meals and snacks. The Confetti experience is all about simple pleasures and special moments shared with good friends and family. Confetti also offers catering services and supplies gelato to gourmet markets and restaurants throughout the Hampton Roads area. To join in the excitement, visit www.confetticaffe.com or www.facebook.com/confetticaffe/.
Confetti Caffe & Gelato
Eric Hinkle, 757-227-6682