Gurgaon, India, May 29, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- LexisNexis India (www.lexisnexis.co.in), a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions, launched ‘The MLJ Civil Court Manual, 14th edition’. The thoroughly revised and updated edition of this prestigious, authoritative and indispensable encyclopedia of central acts with important rules was released by the Honorable Mr. Justice V. Rama Subramanian, Judge, Madras High Court.
The book covers case law updated till January 2011 and provides an exhaustive coverage of Supreme Court cases and case law drawn from 48 High Courts and Supreme Court journals. An innovative feature of the 14th edition is the introduction of cause titles and parallel citations in respect of cases incorporated in this edition. The Volume 1 of the series covers Acts from Absorbed Areas (Laws) Act, 1954 to Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, and has been edited by Justice M. L. Singhal, a respected scholar and legal researcher.
Neeraj Malhotra, Managing Director, LexisNexis India, at the launch said, “Madras Law Journal (MLJ) is an imprint of LexisNexis India. First published in 1927, the MLJ Civil Court Manual has undergone several editions and has retained its pre-eminent position in the domain of legal literature. Statutory amendments and case law have been growing day by day which has been thoroughly examined and updated in this edition. This new edition provides detailed and updated information on every Central Enactment of Civil application in force covering all the unrepealed Civil Central Acts, in India.”
Vikesh Dhyani, Marketing Director, LexisNexis India, informed that, “The MLJ Civil Court manual set is expected to be published in 36 volumes covering over 500,000 cases in nearly 63,000 pages and is slated to break all previous sales records. This improvised and profound manual is a must have for Judges, Government Departments, Legislators, Local Authorities, Teachers and Law Students.”
The hugely successful event was attended by distinguished Judges, Registrar and Senior Advocates from the Madras High Court, Officials from Government Departments, Legislators, Directors and Principals from leading Law institutions and colleges.
Key highlights of this new edition are:
- Major Acts such as the Arbitration Act (in 866pp), Advocates Act and the Administrative Tribunal Act have been covered extensively and comprehensively
- The table of contents provides Acts and Rules in an Alphabetical as well as Chronological order
- 10,000 (approx.) new cases have been added
- Covers all new Acts
- Includes all relevant legislative references under each section
- Statement of Objects and Reasons (SOR) introduced in CCM for the first time
- Headings & sub-headings have been introduced for easy identification of case law on the relevant subject
- All Supreme Court cases have been highlighted with a bold bullet mark preceding the party names
- For easy navigation, the running heads carry the section and the synopsis number
- For easy reference, crucial information in relation to judgments as to whether they have been “overruled”, “reversed”, “dissented”, has been highlighted in bold
- Detailed Synopses is provided for all statutes
LexisNexis® (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting, and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK] (www.reedelsevier.com), LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 15,000 employees worldwide.
About LexisNexis India
LexisNexis® India (www.lexisnexis.co.in) is a market leader in legal, business information and services solutions with an integrated print and online offering. From advanced legal research solutions provider and specialty print publishing to news & business information dissemination, LexisNexis India provides the experience, expertise and competencies that enable professionals to accelerate their processes deliver enhanced value and realize breakthrough results in the following segments: Legal, Corporate, Government, Law enforcement, Accounting and Academic.
Tel: +91 124 4774466