Oklahoma City, OK, June 14, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Tony Heard, 28, was bitten by a pygmy rattlesnake on the morning of June 6, 2011, while assisting with the Honey Prairie Complex in Fargo, GA. Heard was working for Chloeta Fire, LLC, out of Oklahoma City, which sent a crew to Georgia on May 27, 2011.
Rupert Nowlin and Faron Davidson, two other Chloeta forest rangers, assisted Heard until he was life-flighted to Shands Medical Center in Jacksonville, FL. The bite was a dry bite; meaning little or no venom was released into the leg. Tony was released Monday evening and is currently having a speedy recovery in Oklahoma City.
“I am very thankful to my division supervisor, my fellow crewmembers and the other fire personnel,” said Tony Heard. “They made great efforts with the coordination to get me prompt medical attention.”
Chloeta Fire is an American Indian-owned limited liability company (LLC) based in Oklahoma which provides a diverse range of natural resources and emergency services solutions to both the public and private sectors, with particular expertise in wildland and prescribed fire management and is quickly emerging as an industry leader.
For more information about Chloeta Fire, LCC or Tony Heard’s condition, please contact Melissa Simon, at 1-877-245-6382 or by email at email@example.com