Tampa, FL, July 08, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- TechSherpas, an IT training company, is hosting a free instructor-led seminar on Thursday, July 14th to demonstrate the newest features of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2. The seminar will be held from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm at TechSherpas’ state of the art training facility in the Westshore business district.
SQL Server 2008 R2 provides new features and improvements designed to help make databases more productive, while reducing costs and streamlining database application development.
Although R2 is considered to be a minor upgrade, it offers customers a number of valuable improvements including:
- New Data Center and Parallel Warehouse editions
- Improved scalability, availability, manageability and programmability
- Managed self service Business Intelligence through PowerPivot for Excel and PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Master Data Services to manage critical assets across systems
- StreamInsight for efficient, high-scale complex event processing
Other key capabilities will also be covered to help with managing self-service business intelligence, improving IT and developer efficiency, and scaling with confidence on a trusted platform.
The recommended audience for this seminar includes technology executives, IT managers, IT professionals, IT directors, software developers, business decision makers and technical decision makers. TechSherpas is a technical training and service provider headquartered in Tampa, FL. The company was founded in 1996. TechSherpas is a Microsoft Gold Partner for IT training and learning solutions, providing expertise in Microsoft training. In addition, they offer training for ITIL, VMWare, Cisco, Citrix, CompTIA and Project Management, and other technologies.