Business Directory, Press Releases, Jobs, Products, Services, Articles
Businesses Articles Press Releases Follow @PRcom
Press Release Pricing | News by Category | News by Country | News by US Region | Recent News | News on Your Site

Press Releases

Press Release

Receive press releases from By Email RSS Feeds:

Top Companies Open 158,600 Job Vacancies

JobGantic Career Fair offers a good mix of employers and recruitment firms with 75% or 190 participating companies hiring for local employment while 25% or 60 others are for overseas employment.

Mandaluyong City, Philippines, August 13, 2011 --( Over 250 companies including the top ones in the call center/ business process outsourcing industry, plus the nation’s biggest conglomerates and recruitment firms for local and overseas employment are opening up 158,600 job vacancies at the biggest job fair ever of the No. 1 Job Site in the country, Jobgantic Career Fair 2011 opens on August 12 and 13 at the SMX Convention Center, SM Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City to give all jobseekers the biggest career break they can find, under one roof.

JobGantic Career Fair offers a good mix of employers and recruitment firms with 75% or 190 participating companies hiring for local employment while 25% or 60 others are for overseas employment. Of the mentioned 158,600 jobs that will be available at the event, 64% are for local employment and the remaining 36% are for jobs abroad.

More than 10% of the participating companies at the job fair are from the call center/ business process outsourcing industry (BPO) which is estimated to bring in close to 55% of the local jobs that will be made available for entire two days. JP Morgan and Chase, IBM, Convergys and Accenture are among the companies under the said industry who will grace the event.

“This should not be a surprise to us because the call center/ business process outsource industry is seen to become the number one dollar remittance source by year 2016, overtaking the OFW remittances. And this is based on recent reports and with the present administration’s thrust of creating more jobs for the Filipinos in the country, it is more likely that most of these new jobs will be coming from this sunshine industry,” says Philip Gioca,’s national sales director.

Meanwhile, Ayala Group, a leading group of companies or referred to as a conglomerate, has also firmed up their participation to the event.

Its 2,500-strong Ayala Land, Inc. alone is “potentially filling up 600-800 vacancies through the Jobgantic Career Fair,” says Xavier Andrew Casanova, associate manager for recruitment. He further explains that most of their employees are in the mid-20s to mid-30s with specializations in management, marketing and sales, economics, architecture, finance, engineering, communications and information technology (IT) to name a few.

“We’re looking for applicants who are: driven, with passion to learn new things, a team player, flexible, independent, (with) bias for results as well as with entrepreneurial mindset,” adds Casanova.

On the other hand, Philam Life, another job fair participant, hopes to fill up 30 sales positions and over 60 unique corporate positions also at the said fair. “We’re looking for individuals who have the ability to open new relationship, stand out from the crowd, generate results through others and achieve results,” mentions Joren Ruiz Kwan from the country’s largest insurance company,

Moving on to overseas employment opportunities, about 10,000 jobs or 56,600 job vacancies are to be filled up by recruitment firms at Jobgantic Career Fair. These positions are looking for those specializing in general work (housekeeping, driver, dispatch messenger), engineering, manufacturing, food & beverage, and healthcare (nurse, medical support and assistant).

Yoda Buyco,’s marketing director explains, “ is known to have the most number of employers including the top ones under its client base. Hence, it is expected that we have thousands of local jobs at the event. But in an internal study conducted by our Company, we found out the 25% or 850,000 of our total number of jobseekers (3.5M) opt in to (apply) for overseas jobs. This is the reason why we have clearly ensured that we are going to have our overseas recruitment client-firms with us.”

SCS Placement Services is one of the recruitment firms hiring for overseas employment at the fair.

“Unemployment is one of the plaguing societal problems that we have. It causes poverty and slows down economic growth and stability of the country. The JobGantic Career Fair 2011 is our response to the pressing call to provide access to jobs for all Filipinos. Whenever we, and our Employer-Clients, provide work for every Filipino, we have also assured him and his family of food on the table and a roof above his head,” ends Mary Grace Colet, country manager.

Contact Information
Nyko Rodriguez

Click here to view the list of recent Press Releases from
Promote Your Business