Ashburn, VA, August 11, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- The IJIS Institute, a nonprofit organization that focuses on mission-critical information sharing for justice, public safety, and homeland security, announces the formation of its IJIS Institute Advisory Council (IIAC).
In January 2010, the IJIS Institute Board of Directors approved the creation of the Sustaining Member Program to offer interested companies a class of membership that would increase and deepen their participation with the IJIS Institute. Since that time, several IJIS Institute Member companies have elected this level of membership. In recognition of the increased involvement with the work of the IJIS Institute, the Board of Directors has created the IIAC to give a further voice to sustaining member companies in the advancement of the mission and goals of the IJIS Institute.
The IIAC will be an advisory body to the Board of Directors, providing guidance and counsel on relevant business issues and opportunities affecting the IJIS Institute. The Council will be a volunteer group that will provide the opportunity for Sustaining Members to take a more influential role as leading member companies of the IJIS Institute. Among the topics being discussed with this Council is the idea of reinventing the public safety business model given the current economic crisis our nation is facing.
The core purpose of the IIAC is to promote and support the IJIS Institute’s Mission throughout the public and private sectors. In addition to providing leadership advisories on major issues, the Council will help develop programs to ensure the IJIS Institute’s sustainability into the future by expanding the Sustaining Member Program; contributing to increased membership networking; and, developing fundraising efforts.
Glenn Archer, Executive Director of the IJIS Institute, stated, "We are excited about the launch of the IJIS Institute Advisory Council. The Council will provide our Sustaining Members an excellent opportunity to expand their role as leading providers in public safety, justice and homeland security." Archer added, "In addition to the guidance provided by the Board of Directors, the Advisory Council is an avenue for us to widen our aperture by gaining even more industry insight to help share direction and set future initiatives. We look to the Advisory Council to drive programs to help the practitioner community achieve their missions through information sharing, and in the adaptation of new technologies as they work to keep our nation safe."
The first meeting of the IIAC was held Thursday, July 28, in Jersey City, New Jersey, immediately preceding the IJIS Institute Summer 2011 Industry Briefing. IJIS Institute Advisory Council Members are:
- APPRISS, Inc.: Brian Oldham, Chief Technology Officer
- BAE Systems: Michael Dillon, Director, Information Technology and Cyber Security Solutions (ITCS) Law Enforcement & Homeland Security
- Cisco Systems, Inc.: Jeff Frazier, Senior Director, IBSG, Global Public Sector
- Esri: Lew Nelson, Industry Solutions Department Manager & Law Enforcement Solutions Manager
- IBM Corporation: George Cruser, Vice President IBM Global Business, Homeland Security/Justice
- Microsoft Corporation: Joe Rozek, Executive Director, Homeland Security/Counterterrorism
- Oracle: Peter Doolan, Group Vice President Pre-Sales Engineering
- Raytheon Company: Michael Dougherty, Director, Raytheon Homeland Security
- SAS/Memex Solutions Team: Vince Talucci, Principal Advisor, Law Enforcement/Public Safety
- SRA International, Inc.: Gigi Pereira, Vice President Justice & Law Enforcement
- VisionAIR, Inc.: Mike Lyons, Chief Executive Officer
About the IJIS Institute
The IJIS Institute serves as the voice of industry by uniting the private and public sectors to improve mission-critical information sharing for those who protect and serve our communities. The IJIS Institute provides training, technical assistance, national scope issue management, and program management services to help government fully realize the power of information sharing. Founded in 2001 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation with national headquarters on The George Washington University Virginia Science and Technology Campus in Ashburn, Virginia, the IJIS Institute has grown to nearly 200 member and affiliate companies across the United States. For more information, please visit www.IJIS.org.