New York, NY, September 14, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcasts, has announced today that Frank Gonzalez, CPA*/CFF, Principal-in-Charge, Financial Institutions, MBAF will speak at the Knowledge Congress’ webcast entitled: “The Impact of Dodd-Frank Act on FDIC-Insured Banks.” This event is scheduled for Tuesday, October 18, 2011 from 3:00pm – 5:00pm (ET).
For further details, please visit: http://knowledgecongress.org/event_2011_FDIC-Insured_Banks.html
About Frank Gonzalez, CPA*/CFF
Frank Gonzalez, CPA*/CFF, is a principal in the Audit Department at MBAF, where he leads the Financial Institutions and SEC practices.
Frank provides audit, business consulting, litigation support and SEC compliance services to South Florida organizations in a wide range of industries, including real estate, financial institutions (community banking, international banking, investment funds, broker dealers) manufacturing, technology and telecommunications.
Directing the firm's work with community banks, international banks/agencies and mortgage companies, Frank is highly experienced in the rigorous regulatory and compliance standards applied to the industry, and works with both domestic and international banking organizations. He has experience in performing audits and advisory services to bank organizations ranging in size from billion dollar multi-nationals to de novo (start-up) institutions.
Frank works hand-in-hand with clients to accomplish financial and operational objectives through initial and secondary public offerings, capital formation, and mergers and acquisitions. Frank is skilled in first-time through audit engagements, and in providing audit and business advisory services to many national and international public (SEC) and privately held companies as well as broker dealers.
*Licensed to practice in the states of Florida, Illinois and New York
• Salute to Miami's Leaders, Banking and Finance - Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, 2010
• Excellence in Accounting, Financial Institutions - South Florida Business Journal, 2005
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants - Miami Downtown Chapter - Past-Board Member/Officer
• Cuban-American Certified Public Accountant - Advisory Board Member/Past President
• South Florida Banking Institute - President, 2011-Present; Board Member, 2007-Present
• Certified in Financial Forensics
• Cintas Foundation - Treasurer, 2006-Present
• Florida International University - School of Accounting Advisory Board Member, 2006-Present; Athletic Association Board Member, 2008-Present; Alumni Association Lifetime Member, 1991-Present; School of Business Leadership Circle Board Member, 2007-Present; Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity Alumni Board Member, 1991-Present
• Kiwanis Club of Little Havana and Foundation - Member, 1998-Present
• Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce - Board and Finance Committee Member, 2009-Present; Leadership Miami Graduate, 2006
• Orange Bowl Committee - Member, 2008-Present
• United Way of Miami-Dade - Board of Directors, Treasurer; Board of Trustees; Finance and Administration Committee Member, 2008-Present; â€ŠAudit Committee Chairman, 2008-Present
• University of Miami - Master of Business Administration in Accounting and Finance
• Florida International University - Bachelor of Accounting
MBAF is a national public accounting and advisory firm that has a commitment to professional excellence. Our practice is distinguished by a deep sense of responsibility to clients, communities and staff. Our professionals are led by a hands-on management team with proven industry and technical expertise.
Our clients are comprised primarily of entrepreneurs, privately-held businesses, high net worth individuals, financial institutions, non-profits, and legal practitioners across a broad range of industries. In addition to a robust assurance, domestic and international tax practice, MBAF offers management advisory services (such as litigation support and forensic accounting) and technology consulting. More than 400 highly-qualified principals and staff serve domestic and international clients in more than 45 states and 44 countries from offices in Miami, New York, Baltimore, Boca Raton, Boulder, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Valhalla and India. INSIDE Public Accounting ranks MBAF as the 37th largest independent public accounting firm in the nation, the largest in Florida and as one of the top 25 performing firms for the last 15 years.
For more information about Frank Gonzalez and MBAF please visit: http://www.mbafcpa.com/
The Dodd-Frank Act directed sweeping changes to be made to the financial services landscape, many of them to be implemented through rules formulated by many separate regulatory agencies. What is happening with these many initiatives?
• Introduction/Overview - Broad outline of the Dodd-Frank Act and rulemaking and implementation process;
• Systemic importance and orderly resolution
• Elimination of the Office of Thrift Supervision and modifications to banking regulation
• Volcker Rule, swaps and swap push-out
• Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection and mortgage regulation
Financial institutions need to understand these proposed changes and how they may impact their businesses. The Knowledge Group has assembled a panel of distinguished professionals to help financial institutions understand the issues surrounding the proposed changes. The speakers will share their expert opinions and answer your questions in a two-hour live Webcast.
About The Knowledge Group, LLC/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Congress was established with the mission to produce unbiased, objective, and educational live webinars that examine industry trends and regulatory changes from a variety of different perspectives. The goal is to deliver a unique multilevel analysis of an important issue affecting business in a highly focused format. To contact or register to an event, please visit: www.knowledgecongress.org.