Helsinki, Finland, November 16, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Global Intelligence Alliance (GIA), a global strategic market intelligence and advisory group, releases results from its 2011 Global Market Intelligence Survey, showing that companies in Brazil appear to be recognizing positive returns from their investments in market intelligence, as there is a growing demand for timely and strategic Intelligence in the country. The research shows that about 90% companies in Brazil now agree that they have benefited from market intelligence, a rate equivalent to those of many European countries.
As a program, market intelligence collects information about market players and strategically relevant topics and processes it into insights that support decision-making. It helps organizations understand their business environment, compete successfully in it, and grow as a result.
In the Global Market Intelligence Survey conducted in March 2011, GIA looked at the current state of market intelligence in 80 large and mid-sized Brazilian companies, and compared the results with other countries.
About 70% of Brazilian companies reported to have not more than one organizational layer between the head of market intelligence and the CEO. This points to the strategic role placed on market intelligence, asserting its increasing importance in the corporate structure in companies in Brazil.
About half of the market intelligence work by companies in Brazil is done in a regular fashion, indicating established deliverables and processes. These processes can be further improved however; a quarter of the respondents in Brazil said they have yet to see their investments pay off. Nonetheless, 60% of Brazilian companies plan to increase their investment in market intelligence programs, while the remaining 40% plan to maintain current levels.
Some of the key survey findings include:
• 89% of Brazilian companies agree that they have benefited from market intelligence.
• 60% think that their market intelligence investments have paid off.
• 75% of companies with a systematic market intelligence operation claim to make decisions more efficiently.
• 56% of companies in Brazil without a market intelligence operation yet intend to launch one within 12 months.
• On average, Brazilian companies have teams of 11 people with market intelligence as their primary role, which cater to 95 internal clients. An additional 57 people contribute to market intelligence for their organizations.
• Including human resources costs, corporate budgets in Brazil for market intelligence annually are about $0.5 Euros or $0.7 million US dollars.
• 60% of Brazilian companies intend to increase their investments in market intelligence in the next two years.
More competitive intelligence best practices will be presented at the upcoming GIA Conference in Chicago, which will be held on 14-16 November 2011 at The Drake Hotel, Chicago, USA. Best practices will be shared by seasoned experts who are known to have specific expertise on the topic, representing leading global companies such as Best Buy, Cintas, Cisco Systems, Diebold, DuPont, Fiserv, IBM, Mastercard, Navistar, Siemens, Wells Fargo, 3M Company, and more.
For other information, visit the www.globalintelligence.com or send an email to media(a)globalintelligence.com.
About Global Intelligence Alliance
Global Intelligence Alliance (GIA) is a strategic market intelligence and advisory group. GIA was formed in 1995 when a team of market intelligence specialists, management consultants, industry analysts and technology experts came together to build a powerful suite of customized solutions ranging from outsourced market monitoring services and software, to strategic analysis and advisory.
Today, we are the preferred partner for organizations seeking to understand, compete and grow in international markets. Our industry expertise and coverage of over 100 countries enables our customers to make better informed decisions worldwide.
About the Global Market Intelligence Survey
The Global Market Intelligence Survey looks into the current state of market intelligence activities in international companies and the perceived benefits, how market intelligence supports decision-making, and the anticipated future developments across geographical regions and industries.
The 2011 Global Market Intelligence Survey is the fifth in a series and involved 989 respondents in an online questionnaire in March 2011. Most of the questions were of multiple-choice format to facilitate quantitative analysis. Open questions were also included to add to the level of insight. English was used as the survey language in most countries, while translations to Czech, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish were also in circulation in parts of Latin America, Europe and Africa.