Washington, DC, December 21, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Defense Strategies Institute, a Veteran Owned SBA, will host it's upcoming U.S. - Canada Border Security Summit in Detroit, MI, April 3 - 4, 2012.
“In a field such as border security, where there are multiple agents acting in tandem, it is extremely important that all involved are working towards a cohesive and holistic approach. While the field has seen an immense amount of ebbing and flowing, we believe that truly great advancements are on the horizon….and this is why our Senior Partners decided to lend our expertise towards creating a forum that can bring together stakeholders across the continuum of the community,” stated Lisa Madison, Director of Communications for Defense Strategies Institute.
“Our educational and training Summits offer a non-partisan, informal forum where we encourage real, actionable, discussion and debate. This is a chance for the experts in the field to really role their sleeves up and talk about their unique and shared perspectives with their respective colleagues,” Ms. Madison further stated.
The Summit is broken into focus areas that include, but are not limited to:
1. Interoperable usage of intelligence
- partnerships with federal, state, local, tribal, and bi-national law enforcement agencies, as well as with the public and private sector
2. Applying current and future technology systems in an efficient and effective manner
- with a U.S. focus on using pre-approved DoD applications for the
3. Next Generation of Integrated Cross-Border Law Enforcement
- from agency unique requirements to shared services including unique
needs of air/land/maritime
4. Biometrics & Identity Management
- building biometric information and sharing coalitions among international partners
Some of the leading experts that will be addressing these subject matters include:
* Mark S. Borkowski, Assistant Commissioner, Office of Technology Innovation and Acquisition, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
* Richard Comerford, Regional Director General, Southern Ontario Region, CBSA
* Anh Duong, SES, Director, Borders and Maritime Security Division, S&T Directorate, DHS
* Stephanie Kirkland, Director General, Biometrics Project Office, CIC
* Joe Oliver, Chief Superintendant, Director General for Border Integrity, RCMP
* Jody Thomas, Deputy Commissioner, Operations, Canadian Coast Guard
Recognizing the great sacrifice that our men and women of our border community have endured, the summit will benefit the non profit 501c3 Roger Foundation (Supporting Agents and families of CBP & ICE) and The RCMP National Remembrance Fund through the gracious support of our sponsors.
The forum is open to the public, however seating is limited. Anyone interested in participating in the Summit can go to Defense Strategies Institute's website at www.dsigroup.org for more information or contact Lisa Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org 1-347-732-5336