Columbia, MD, January 11, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Williams Asset Management, one of the leading wealth management and investment firms, is pleased to announce that its President, Gary Williams, has been selected as a FIVE STAR Wealth Manager for 2012. His selection will be announced in the February 2012 issue of Baltimore Magazine. This is the second year in a row that Mr. Williams has been selected as a FIVE STAR Wealth Manager.
Baltimore magazine and Five Star Professional partnered to find wealth managers who satisfy 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria that are associated with wealth managers who provide quality services to their clients.
The following 10 criteria are used in determining the 2012 Five Star Wealth Manager award winners:
Eligibility Criteria – Required
1) Credentialed as an investment advisory representative (IAR), a FINRA-registered representative, a CPA or a licensed attorney.
2) Actively employed as a credentialed professional in the financial services industry for a minimum of five years.
3) Favorable regulatory and complaint history review.
4) Fulfilled their firm review based on internal firm standards.
5) Accepting new clients.
Evaluation Criteria – Considered
6) One-year client retention rate.
7) Five-year client retention rate.
8) Non-institutional discretionary and/or non-discretionary client assets administered.
9) Number of client households served.
10) Education and professional designations.
The resulting list of 2012 FIVE STAR Wealth managers are an elite group, representing less than 7 percent of the wealth managers in the Baltimore area. Please visit http://www.fivestarprofessional.com/WMSummaryandResearch.pdf for more information.
“To be nominated by our peer group for this award is an honor and confirms that we are well-respected in the investment community,” said Mark Atkinson, the firm’s Director of Financial Planning and Head Trader.
Williams Asset Management is a privately-owned, independent firm providing wealth management, investment advisory and fiduciary services. The firm is located at 8850 Columbia 100 Parkway, Suite 204, Columbia, MD 21045. The financial professionals of Williams Asset Management are Registered Representatives and Investment Adviser Representatives with/and offer securities and advisory services through, Commonwealth Financial Network®, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Adviser. For more information on Williams Asset Management, visit their website at www.WilliamsAssetManagement.com or call (410) 740-0220