Fremont, CA, February 16, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- AnaSpec, EGT the first provider of commercial MOG recombinant proteins is pleased to offer a 50% discount off on MOG (1-125) recombinant proteins through the month of February, 2012 to US and Canadian customers. Please mention code “rMOG50%” when ordering to get the discount.
AnaSpec's MOG proteins, with sequences corresponding to human, mouse and rat extracellular domain, together with a 6x His tag were expressed in E. coli and purified from urea denatured bacterial lysate. The molecular weight found in all 3 recombinant proteins was 14.23 kDa. All of these proteins have been shown to induce EAE.
Myelin Oligodendrocyte Glycoprotein (MOG), a 26- to 28-kDa protein, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. It is expressed exclusively in the central nervous system (CNS), specifically on the surface of myelinating oligodendrocytes and external lamellae of myelin sheath. Although MOG protein constitutes only 0.01-0.05% of the CNS myelin proteins, it was demonstrated that MOG protein is a crucial autoantigen for multiple sclerosis in humans and experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) in rodents and monkeys (1-6).
1. Linares, D. et al. Protein Expression and Purif. 34, 249 (2004).
2. Bettadapura, J. et al. J. Neurochem. 70, 1593 (1998).
3. Oliver, AR. et al. J. Immunol. 171, 462 (2003).
4. Von Budingen, H-C. et al. J. Clin. Immunol. 21, 155 (2001).
5. Lyons, J-A. et al. Eur. J. Immunol. 29, 3432 (1999).
6. Von Budingen, H-C. et al. Eur. J. Immunol. 34, 2072 (2003).
For more information, please visit http://www.anaspec.com/products/promotions.asp?col=1&row=1