Hatfield, United Kingdom, February 06, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Yodel, the UK’s leading parcel delivery company, played a vital role in the latest record-breaking Bauer Radio’s Cash for Kids’ Christmas Appeal. Yodel collected over 22,000 Christmas presents donated by listeners to Bauer Radio’s stations, and took them for sorting and distribution to disadvantaged children across England, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
Asda provided dedicated collection points at 165 stores throughout the UK. Yodel then collected the donated gifts, delivering them to Cash for Kids’ sort centres across the country, where the local social services and other agencies were then able to classify and allocate them according to age and gender.
The Christmas 2011 charity drive, organised by Bauer Radio’s Cash for Kids Charities, broke the previous record set in 2010, distributing more than £5.1 million in funds and gifts for over 200,000 sick and underprivileged children.
Yodel CEO, Jonathan Smith said: “Working with Bauer Radio and our client, Asda, on another record-breaking Cash for Kids’ Christmas appeal has been very rewarding for our staff.
“It is wonderful to know that we were able to play a role in ensuring that thousands of children, many in care homes and refuges, had a present to open at Christmas.”
Sally Aitchison, Group MD of Bauer Radio’s Cash for Kids added; “This was one of the biggest Christmas appeals of its kind across the UK last year, so we were absolutely thrilled with the result.”
It was the second year that Yodel has been involved in the Appeal and the first that it was the sole delivery partner for the national network.
Yodel Notes to Editors
· Home Delivery Network Ltd on 1 March 2010 purchased through its subsidiary company, Parcelpoint Ltd, the domestic B2B and B2C businesses of DHL Express (UK) Ltd and rebranded as Yodel in May 2010
· Yodel delivers more than 200 million parcels per year with annual revenues of £650 million
· It is the second-largest parcel delivery business in the UK after the Royal Mail
· Yodel operates from a national network of sort and service centres and has a fleet of over 5,000 vans
· The company is headquartered in Hatfield.
Cash for Kids Notes to Editors
• Bauer Radio currently has 21 radio charities operating at stations within Scotland, England and Northern Ireland, each of which supports local charity initiatives for sick and underprivileged children under the umbrella brand of Cash for Kids; all money raised locally is spent locally and collectively www.cashforkids.uk.com
• Bauer Radio Cash for Kids Charity 1122062 Bauer Radio Cash for Kids charity (Scotland) SCO 41421 Radio Clyde’s Cash for Kids SCO03334
• Cash for Kids Stations are:
Downtown/Cool FM, MFR, Tay, Forth, Clyde, N Sound, West sound, Swest Sound, CFM, Metro, TFM, Rock, Key, City, Viking, Hallam, Aire, Kerrang!, Wave 105 and Magic 105.4, Kerrang! and the Magic AM network
• Bauer Media Group
The Bauer Media Group is a worldwide media empire operating businesses across 14 countries. Bauer Radio Ltd, which joined the Group in 2007, is home to a growing network of no.1 commercial radio stations in all major markets in the UK.
For further information about Yodel
Yodel press office
Follow us on Twitter@YodelNews
For further information about Cash for Kids
Dawn Gibson, Cash for Kids, tel: 07739 302142