London, United Kingdom, May 23, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- His address will form part of the session on international and inter agency co-operation in which other confirmed speakers include: Colonel Antti Hartikainen, Director General of National Board of Customs, Finland and Tony Smith, Executive Board Member & Senior Responsible Owner, London 2012 Olympic Programme, UK Border Force, UK.
Also speaking at the BORDERPOL Conference is Mr Manuel Jarmela Palos, Director General, SEF (Immigration & Borders Service), Portugal who will be looking at the challenges of border and immigration control on Europe's southern borders.
Aqab M Malik, Security Analyst & Strategist, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Contemporary Studies, National Defence University, Pakistan who will be speaking about Cross Border Terrorist Exploitation of the Pak-Afghan Border, Contentions, Forecasts & Prospective Solutions Post-2014.
Paul Howarth, Chief Executive Professor, National Nuclear Laboratory - Creating closer political cooperation, the systems, processes and technologies to support the policing of the threat of nuclear proliferation and materials from the East.
Malcolm Warr OBE, Technical Director, Security Association for the Maritime Industry (SAMI), UK, will examine Future Technology is what you See what you Get? - the Challenges of fusing data from different security systems into one common operating picture to detect border threats.
BORDERPOL Annual Conference and Exhibition will be held in London, UK, October 16th-17th 2012.
The opening addresses will be delivered by Damian Green MP, UK Immigration Minister
Jason Kenney, Canadian Immigration and Citizenship Minister
Major-General Zaza Gogava, Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, Georgia
Other confirmed speakers so far include:
· Police Chief Quaestor Ioan Buda, General Inspector, Border Police of Romania
· Mr Nenad Banovic, Head of Border Police Directorate, Serbia
· Colonel Antti Hartikainen, Director General of National Board of Customs, Finland
· Tony Smith, Executive Board Member & Senior Responsible Owner, London 2012 Olympic Programme, UK Border Force, UK
· Major Grzegorz Niemiec, Deputy Director of the Commanding Centre, Polish Border Guards
· David Smith, Deputy Commissioner and Director, Data Protection, Information Commissioner’s Office, UK
· Andreas Kamm , Secretary General of Danish Refugee Council and Chair of ECRE (European Council for Refugees and Exiles), Denmark
· Rey Koslowski, Director of the Center for Policy Research Program on Border Control and Homeland Security, USA
· Prof. Frank Gregory, Emeritus Professor of European Security, Mountbatten Centre for International Studies and former advisor to Home Select Committee, UK
· Ms. Penny Satches-Brohs, Senior Border Issues Advisor, Conflict Prevention Center from the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), Austria
· Hugo Brady, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for European Reform, Belgium
· Drs. Ida Haisma, Director of Innovation Safety and Security, TNO, Netherlands
· André Oeyen, Director Biometric Business Development, Government & Security Solutions, SITA, Belgium
· Howard Clarke, Intelligence Consultant, The Intelligence Solutions Group, Canada
· Andrew Williams, Institute of Policing and Criminal Justice Studies, University of Cumbria UK and Good Harbour International, UAE
· John Kirtland, Group Sales Director, Datong Plc, UK
· Commodore R.S. Vasan (Ret’d), Director BORDERPOL Asia Secretariat & Head, Strategy and Security, Centre for Asia Studies, India
We will be announcing many more high profile border officials in the coming months.
For further information visit: www.borderpol-event.org