PR.com: Business Directory, Press Releases, Jobs, Products, Services, Articles
 
Businesses Articles Press Releases Follow @PRcom
Press Release Pricing | News by Category | News by Country | News by US Region | Recent News | PR.com News on Your Site
 

Press Releases

 
Life Line Screening

Press Release


Receive press releases from Life Line Screening: By Email RSS Feeds:

Life Line Screening Selected to Present Unique Research at the 25th World Congress of the International Union of Angiology


Authored by Dr John Coltart (Medical Director) and Dr Mohsen Chabok (Clinical Manager), in partnership with Imperial College London, the research highlights shortages in current screening recommendations for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (AAA) within the UK.

London, United Kingdom, July 02, 2012 --(PR.com)-- Leading private healthcare company, Life Line Screening, has been invited to present its joint paper, with Imperial College London, on recent research into Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (AAA) at the prestigious 25th World Congress of the International Union of Angiology (IUA) in July. The research highlights the need for a greater focus on screening, and the importance of private screening for those falling outside the selection threshold of the National Programme.

With the full article due to be published soon, the research papers are based on data from 2,049 participants between mid 2008 and 2011 who were identified as having AAA by ultrasound screening via Life Line Screening’s services. The research showed that 60% of the cohort fell within the National Programme’s guidelines to screen males aged 65+ leaving 40% currently outside and therefore not being offered the service on the NHS.

The five-day Silver Jubilee event (July 1st – 5th, 2012), this year held in Prague, will be attended by a broad range of vascular professionals. These include internists, surgeons, radiologists and other specialists – all keen to share ideas, knowledge and progress within the area of cardiovascular disease, a key concern wherever you are in the world.

In terms of speakers, Dr Chabok will be joining a host of leading lights within the global scientific community “We have closely followed and attended the Congress in the past and as such, are extremely honoured to have been selected to present our findings to such a reputable audience at this prestigious event,” said Chabok. “Angiology is an ever-changing field and as such, we are very much looking forward to not only introducing our peers to this latest research, but also, learning and collaborating with the wider global scientific community.”

After a two-round evaluation process, Dr Chabok’s research has also been nominated for the IUA Presidential Prize awarded to young researchers.

Dr Chabok will be presenting the papers – “Epidemiological study and risk analysis in men and women of different age with Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)”, and “Risk factor analysis for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) in a cohort of 288 women with AAA” within the course of the congress.

For further information or to speak with a Life Line Screening representative, please contact Gillian Horsley (gillian.horsley@33-digital.com).
Contact Information
Life Line Screening
Gillian Horsley
02076084660
Contact
www.lifelinescreening.co.uk

Click here to view the list of recent Press Releases from Life Line Screening
Promote Your Business