Rosemont, IL, July 14, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- In what has become an annual tradition, Sunday, August 12, is Kids Day at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con. From face painting, a Ghostbusters reading, arts and crafts, balloon artists, a special Bubble Show, kids costume contest, Wizard World Kids Passport program and more, there are activities all day (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.) for the 10-and-under set.
Admission to Kids Day and the entire Wizard World Chicago Comic Con for kids 10 and under is free with a paid adult (two free kids per adult).
Some of the highlights of Kids Day include:
· Wizard World Chicago Comic Con Passport (all day) – upon arrival, kids should go directly to the Kids Day booth to pick up a Passport, which will guide them to kid-friendly booths, activities, celebrities and artists. Kids who earn stamps at each stop will win a prize.
· Ghostbusters Reading (11 a.m.) - Who ya gonna call? Parents can bring the little ones to a special story time reading by the Ghostbusters. Kids can interact with the Ghostbusters as they ask trivia and answer any questions the young ones have always wanted to ask.
· Superhero Arts and Crafts (noon) - This is not an ordinary arts & crafts session, this is specifically made for superheroes. Kids can come join the Justice Twins, Wonder Woman and Supergirl to make their very own superhero mask to wear for the Kids Costume contest.
· Kids Costume Contest (1 p.m.) - Too cute to resist. It's like Halloween in August as kids show off their best costumes and win prizes. Hosted bytheir very own superhero, Jarrett “The Defuser” Crippen.
· Face painting and balloon artists (all day) – Talented Wizard World face painters have kids as their canvas, with butterflies, kitty whiskers, flowers and more.
· Kid-friendly celebrities (all day) – Well, we like to think every Wizard World celebrity loves kids, but a few will be stamping Passports and saying an extra hello. Fans should check out the list on arrival.
· Kid-friendly artists (all day) – Visit super-talented artists in Artists Alley for a Passport stamp and maybe a commissioned piece. Look for the “Kid-Friendly” sign at their respective tables.
Top celebrities such as William Shatner, Stan Lee, Scott Bakula, Tom Felton, Jon Bernthal, Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and WWE® Superstars CM Punk™ and John Cena®, notable artists Carlos Pacheco, George Pérez, Greg Capullo and dozens of others will attend what is shaping up as the biggest Wizard World show ever and the Midwest’s No. 1 Pop Culture Convention.