Turda, Romania, July 14, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- The Vampire in Transylvania – Dracula Tour is a 7 day, half board tour, departing from Bucharest, intended to Dracula enthusiasts, Transylvania lovers, culture and history fans, adventure seekers.
It includes the most important historical places related with Vlad the Impaler such as:
- Snagov Monastery - where Vlad was buried after his assassination;
- The Medieval Citadel of Sighisoara – a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Dracula's birth place;
- The legendary Bran Castle – Transylvania’s symbol,
- The Medieval Saxon city of Brasov where Vlad led raids against the Saxon merchants, - The outstanding city of Sibiu where Vlad’s son is buried (the city was the European capital of Culture in 2007 and is the Romanian city which concentrates the largest number of tourist attractions);
- The impressive fortress of Poienari, Vlad’s old and faithful fortress.
The folkloric aspects of the Dracula legend are also covered: visit Dracula’s Castle in Borgo Pass built in accordance to Bram Stoker’s imagination and enjoy a candle lit dinner here, visit the Golden Crown restaurant where Jonathan Harker enjoyed a traditional Romanian meal before confronting Count Dracula.
The itinerary is complimented by the finest selection of medieval/Dracula hotels described by many of our guests as medieval fantasies with beds.
The highlight of the tour is the most elaborated Halloween Party in the country, celebrated in the medieval citadel of Sighisoara, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and Vlad the Impaler’s birth place. It includes a delicious traditional Romanian festive dinner washed down with fiery spirits, excellent Romanian wine and accompanied by a special programme including the Ritual of Killing of the Living Dead, the Witch Trail, Dracula’s Wedding and many dark surprises.
Enjoy this wonderful trip at the price of Euro 1289/person.
The price is based on 2 people sharing a double room. The single supplement is Euro 169.
Find out more about the tour: http://www.visit-transylvania.us/europe-sightseeing-tours-romania/dracula-tour-transylvania-travel.html
Here is what Damon B. from New York, USA said about his experience of the tour: “I just wanted to let you know that we all enjoyed the trip very much. Our guide, Sorin, was very knowledgeable with a great sense of humor, and our driver, Stephan, was very skilled, and also very personable. As I mentioned, all in all, we had a wonderful time and are very happy that we chose Transylvania Live. I will be sure to recommend you to any friends who might ask about Romania. Thank you again for all of your help, and most of all your patience with all of my many questions!!! Multumesc!!!!”