Rosemont, IL, July 25, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Movies, TV, comics, art, sci-fi and the rest of the pop culture world are covered with the diverse, full four day programming schedule at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, August 9-12 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. From interactive Q&A sessions with stars like Stan Lee, William Shatner, Jon Bernthal and WWE® Superstar CM Punk® to themed panels highlighting “Vampire Diaries,” “Star Trek,” “NCIS” and more, to a movie screening, evening parties, kids activities, costume contests and Jedi Master Classes, there's something for everyone in the expanded offerings.
Highlight programming at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con includes:
· Celebrity Q&A's featuring Lee, Bernthal, WWE® Superstar CM Punk®, Hayden Panettiere, Bruce Campbell, James Marsters and more
· Three “Star Trek” captains reunite as Shatner (“Captain Kirk”) Scott Bakula (“Captain Archer”) and Avery Brooks (“Captain Sisko”) compare stories of their respective times at the command of the Enterprise
· “Vampire Diaries” Q&A with Paul Wesley and Torrey DeVitto
· Discussion of the hit “NCIS” franchise with lovely ladies Lauren Holly and Scottie Thompson
· The Boondock Saints trio of Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus and David Della Rocco rekindle memories of the popular 1999 cult movie and sequel 10 years later
· Screening of the new film Contamination - A Convention Story, an in-depth look at the fans and celebrities who attend Horror, Sci-Fi, and Pop Culture Conventions
· Party with fellow Wizard World revelers at the Artist Party on Thursday and VIP Launch Party on Friday (sites and times TBD)
· Love is in the air with Sci-Fi Speed Dating, for those looking to “Terminate” their single lives
· Kids Day on Sunday, with a full slate of activities specially designed for the youngsters
· It wouldn't be Wizard World Comic Con without cosplay and costume contests – adults on Saturday night, kids on Sunday
Unless noted, programming events take place in designated rooms at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Many are included as part of standard Wizard World Chicago Comic Con admission; VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities. Seating for panels is strictly limited and available on a first come first serve basis and each room will be cleared between panels. Programming subject to change; attendees should check the schedule board on site for updates.
Programming at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con is available in detail at http://www.wizardworld.com/programming-ch.html.
Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, produced by Wizard World, Inc. (WIZD.PK), will bring together thousands of fans of all ages and dozens of celebrities and industry professionals to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.