San Jose, CA, July 27, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Building Peaceful Families (BPF), a Silicon Valley non-profit organization dedicated to improving the health, safety, and well-being of children, today announced that it will hold its 8th Annual High Promise Dads Fatherhood Conference on Saturday, August 25, 2012. Open to the public, this popular educational event is targeted at fathers, father figures, and family members who are interested in learning more about how to positively impact and guide their children.
* Date: Saturday, August 25, 2012
* Time: 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (doors open at 7:00 a.m.)
* Place: Cathedral of Faith, 2315 Canoas Garden Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125
* Fee: $25 materials fee for conference; Free Parking; easy access to public transportation
The admission fee includes all workshops, resource materials, wellness fair, lunch, entertainment, and door prizes. Registration is open now. Visit www.buildingpeacefulfamilies.org/fatherhood.html for details. Special guest keynote speakers will deliver inspirational lectures focusing on what it takes to be a responsible, involved, committed dad.
Sponsored by BPF in collaboration with the Santa Clara County Probation Department and Cathedral of Faith, the Fatherhood Conference features several interactive workshops covering important topics, including (but not limited to):
* Fathers Celebrating Daughters: This extremely popular workshop teaches fathers about the uniqueness of girls and defines appropriate ways to praise and motivate daughters to build a foundation for success.
* The Impact of Parental Substance Abuse on Children: This workshop will help parents understand the negative impacts of their substance abuse on children and what can be done to reverse the consequences.
* Employment Opportunities and Building Financial Stability: Participants will learn about the educational and employment resources available to help them obtain and maintain employment while effectively managing their money.
* Becoming a Teenage Father Is No Joke: Great interactive workshop in which participants will gain a strong foundation and understanding of their role in being an honorable and active participant in their child’s life.
* Co-Parenting for the Children’s Sake: This workshop demonstrates how to build a cooperative relationship that focuses on the children.
In conjunction with the Fatherhood Conference, community partners will be providing free health care screening for diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure, visual acuity, and dental issues. Referrals will be provided for follow-up care, free and low-cost health services, low-cost health plans, low-cost housing, health clubs, childcare services, literacy programs, financial advisors, and much more.
For more information and to register for the conference, please visit the BPF website: www.buildingpeacefulfamilies.org/fatherhood.html